~Seven~

As I stepped out of the portal, I finally took a moment to look at the woman next to me. She was tall, with curled blonde hair and wearing a flowing white dress.

We were standing in front of a crowd of kids.

The woman turned to me. "Stephanie Storm."

"Cyrus Stout."

Stephanie turned back to the kids. "And these are my Super Troop Of Righteous Men and women. S.T.O.R.M.," she told me.

"Okay, just to get this one thing straight, you guys don't want to kill me, right?" I asked.

Stephanie laughed. "Of course not, honey. We're here to protect you from all the other groups in the dimensions who seek to harm you. Now, meet my S.T.O.R.M.ies."

She motioned to the kids, who were in a very neat line.

Uh, Von Trapp children, anyone?

The first boy, a tall brunette, stuck his hand out.

"Tyler Tornado."

And then the next, a boy covered in freckles.

"Harry Hurricane."

Then a small African American girl.

"Dayna Disease." 

Then another girl, this time a blonde girl.

"Emma Earthquake."

And finally, a small Asian girl.

"Eileen Inspiration."

I turned back to Stephanie. "Wait, you're all, like, forces of nature, and natural disasters and all. So what am I? How do I fit in here?"

Stephanie smiled, a twinkle on her eyes. "Cyrus Star."