~Six~

After the positively wonderful (notice my sarcasm) feeling of traveling by portal was over, I had finally found myself somewhere besides a plain concrete room.

We stood, instead, in a clearing of trees. There were also three hollowed-out areas within the thickets, each with a sign hung above them with the name of each of them, which I presumed to be like bedrooms.

"Welcome to our humble abode," Dylan said from behind me.

"Thank you?" I said, taking a seat on the log in the middle of the clearing. "I'm sorry, I'm still just a little overwhelmed."

"And that's perfectly alright," Mac assured.

"Except for the fact that now, we're going to have to kill you," Cerulean added, drawing a blaster from its sheath at her side and pointing it directly at my throat.

"Oh, now this is just getting old," I cried in defeat, not even bothering to react when I felt Mac pull me into a standing position and pin my arms behind my back.

"Sorry, man. Nothing personal," came Mac's shy voice from behind me.

"Didn't think it was. You are definitely not the first person who wanted me dead today," I replied.

"Can you stop talking to the human now?" Dylan complained, cocking his blaster and pointing it at me as well.

I'm assuming Mac nodded, because then it was completely silent behind me and Dylan smiled triumphantly.

"You say you want answers?" Dylan said, firing a careless shot just to the right of my head, making Mac jump slightly. "You, Cyrus Stout, are very special. Something beyond anything we've ever seen." Dylan was now only a few feet away from me, blaster pointed right between my eyes.

"All right, I think I can say my day is complete. I've been kidnapped by a trio of popular girl bears, two crazy coders, and now a ragtag group of who-knows-whats," I commented.

Cerulean shook her blaster as if to nod. "Ragtag. I like it. I think you just gave us our new name, kid."

Dylan cast her a sideways glance. "Can we please stop affiliating with him and just shoot already?"

"Fine," Cerulean said, raising her blaster. "Mac, you might wanna duck."

Just as both Dylan and Cerulean looked ready to pull their triggers, a portal opened to reveal a heavenly figure.

"Storm!" Dylan hissed, both he and Cerulean whipping around to point their guns at the woman in the portal.

With almost no hesitation, Mac let go of me and pushed me under his comerades' legs and towards the portal.

"Go, go, Cyrus! Get out of here!" He yelled, pumping his fist in the air, but lowering it innocently as his teammates gave him a glance.

The figure in the portal grabbed me and pulled me into it with her, and Dylan yelled at Mac, "You idiot! You let him get away!"

As the portal closed, I could hear Mac say, "Oops," in the most unapologetic tone I'd ever heard.