chapter forty

Geoff Wigington

anti-depressants?

quickly grab the food and deal with that before going back.

these definitely are new, I would've noticed them before.

i'm sure of it.

"alice, can you come here a minute?" i call out.

"what could you possibly want now?" she shouts back, her voice getting louder as she approaches me.

she leans on the wall of the entrance way and looks up at me her big, round eyes were wide awake.

her body language showed that she was interested in the conversation, but trying not to be.

and her outfit, a lazy day type of look that you would throw together.

yet, i have never been more attracted to her in the entire time i've known her.

and as a dude, quote honestly i do enjoy her wardrobe choice for work. i'll just leave it at that.

"you're so cute." i sing out.

she rolls her eyes, but you can tell she enjoyed that based on her flushed cheeks.

"can i go back now?" she asks, now in a sweet and caring tone rather than the previous one.

not wasting anytime, i pull out the pill bottle i had just found.

at this point, i didn't care if i was crossing a line. she has been different in her mood and alice as a person has changed. even if only slightly she's still changed.

in some aspects it was drastic, she was pissed off a lot more than usual.

that could be because of me being purposefully annoying, but still.

the spark and happiness that i just saw a few seconds prior though, weren't as common.

her happiness hasn't been real, it's been forced and it's really sad that she needed pills to be able to function and live a life normally like anyone else.

i've known people with issues like that before, even i've had periods where i've had my issues.

but alice?

she is cheery, she's an artist that only produces happy things.

"these are new, aren't they?" her mouth forms a subtle o, and her expression is rather concerning.

i just stare at her for a moment before my actual question kicks in and she nods her head.

"can i go now?" she asks in a squeaky voice, trying to pull herself out of the conversation.

and since i didn't know what to say, i let her go.