Fear of the hospital

I refused to go to the hospital but the next day Carol wouldn't go to work until my hand was taken care of. She took a look at my hand then continued talking about getting it checked. Finally I give in and she drives me to the hospital. As we arrive a feeling creeps into me as if I knew something bad was going to happen. When I'm brought into a room I get a little dizzy. They have me lay on a bed as they take a look at my infected and swollen hand. Five minutes later I freak out. I remember a white room and many tools used for torture. I snap out of that memory and noticed the doctor on the floor and my wife trying to keep me calm. I look at the doctor on the floor now realizing I had knocked him down. I look at my wife apologizing like crazy and shaking. She gives me a hug and holds me tight telling me it will be alright. About an hour later my hand is taken care of and we had a chat with a few doctors. They mentioned that even though I have no memory of my past, it is possible that I have PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) from whatever had happened in my past. As soon as I step out of the hospital I have started to calm down. I shiver to the thought of having to go back sometime in the future but Carol holds my other hand and rubs it hoping to keep me calm. On the way home I quietly fall asleep dreaming of this white werewolf. She wasn't mean like the tales you tell for Halloween or ghost stories around a camp fire. She was very gentle but also a bit concerned for me. It was a bit odd since it is a dream. Or is this a dream? She walked over to me as the scene changed into a house in a forest. She gently placed her hand on my shoulder and suddenly I was this little boy. The crystal that was once around my neck was no longer there.

"Hunter.. What happened to your hand?" She asked. I look at my hand confused. It was wrapped. She then spoke again. "Those children can be rough. I didn't want you to have to deal with them." I looked at her beautiful deep blue eyes. "Who are you?" Hearing this she turned away hiding her tears then vanished as I am awoken by my wife. "Hun? We are home. Are you ok?" My wife asked with a worried expression. I was mumbling in my sleep. We had also arrived home. It felt like I had been asleep only for a second. I then look at my wife and replied. "Yes, I am alright. I was tired." I stretch and come out of the car wincing as I use my injured hand to open the door. Josh runs over after he had gotten out himself. "Dad..."

"I'm sorry. I forgot about my hand. I will be alright kiddo." I smile and mess up his hair with my other hand. I then get out of the car and I am hugged by Josh. I hug back holding him close and rubbing his back. "Please don't do that again." He whimper with concern. "I couldn't let him hurt you, son. I don't want you to suffer..." I replied. Soon we are inside and I had gone to bed hoping to see the wolf again. I call for her in my dream only to find out she isn't around. Maybe it was only a dream? By morning I wake up later than usual and there are a few messages on my phone. I yawn and get out of bed not noticing the phone. It wasn't something I used often. I quietly walk to the bathroom getting ready for the day then unwrap my hand noticing it had healed most of the way. That was odd because I could have sworn it looked worse yesterday. Though that was odd I shrug it off and go cook breakfast. Most of the day I work out and eat. Carol comes in early worried since I have not responded to any of the text messages she has sent me.

"Hunter?!" She runs in to find out I am ok and running on the treadmill in the sun room. "Hunter, Baby, You worried me. Where is your phone, hun?" She calms down and catches her breath. I stop the treadmill and wipe my sweat with a rag. "Huh? Phone?" I look confused. She pulls hers out to show me and it reminds me that I have one. "Ohhhh, that thing? I left it on the night table. I forgot I had one."

She sighs, "How many times do I need to tell you to keep it with you? Anytime you don't answer I get worried." I look away as if ashamed then back, "I am sorry. I don't understand how it works. I read everything but I guess technology isn't my type of thing. I am sorry, Babe." She smiles slightly and hugs me gently. "It's ok. I guess I just got a little scared."

****