Part 11

Footsteps approach, and I shove all the papers into my backpack, letters and narration crumbling with the force.

              "Sierra?"

                "Ash," I reply.

                "What are you doing? Why are you so sad? This visit for your birthday was supposed to make you happy! I know it's not for long, but I'm here." His eyes catch onto the papers, and he begins to read, shuffling through them, his brows furrowing with each flick of his eyes. "Why- why would you write this?" he whispers.

                I break, and it feels as if my chest is ripped open. "I just, she loved Cal so much, and she is handling his death so well, and that made me curious that, if anything happened to you, what would I do? So I started writing, -you know how I write stories- like I just put myself in that thought process of what if it was you instead of him, and I couldn't stop. For a moment I- I had myself convinced it was all real. I just, please, never leave me. I made myself so much stronger on those pages than I know I could be.  Just the thought..."

                "Shhh," he comforts, sitting down and pulling me onto his lap, letting me ball up his shirt between my fist and soak it with my tears. "Have you still not read the fine print?"

            "Huh," I question, pulling back to stare up at him, sure dark stains are covering my cheeks.

            "You're stuck with me forever, as long as I can help it. I told you. Should have read your Code of Ashton, article 21 a."

             "Forever is a long time," I whisper. "Promise?"

            "Forever isn't long enough. Pinkie swear." He holds out his hand, smallest finger stuck out, and I smile. Slipping off my necklace, I watch as he does the same, wrapping it around his pinkie just as I did mine. As our fingers curl around each other, I press my forehead against his, reveling in the smell of vanilla and fresh wood along with the sound of his laugh which rings out as the two planes swing together, tangled up in each other's presence.  

A/N

....Hopefully this makes sense???

if so... hehe... hehe... hehe

Be sure to check out the sequel, Hi, Cal... ;)