Chapter 1

Elizabeth's (Eliza) P.O.V.

I had just finished my shift in the bookstore, so I decided to browse over in the Paranormal Romance section. I wanted to add a new book series to my collection. I was looking at the back of a book when someone bumped into me. I nearly fell to the ground but managed to stay up by grabbing onto the bookcase...the book however; dropped to the ground. 

I bent down to pick up the book, when I noticed that someone else was picking it up. I straightened myself and I got a good look at the guy who was picking up the book. He had slick black hair that sat beside his ears and then when he stood up straight as well, I was able to get a look at his face. He had blue piercing eyes that seemed to stare into your soul, a great nose that seemed to put mine to shame, and those amazing lips.

I noticed his lips formed into a smile, I shake my head a little forcing myself to snap out it and I could tell that he was amused that I was literally drooling. 

"I'm sorry for bumping into you. This is my first time visiting this bookstore and I seemed to have misplaced my father." He says.

I tuck a piece of stranded hair behind my ear and smile. "If you head over to the register, they can page your father for you." I tell him.

"Thanks but no, I don't want to embarrass my dad." He says.

I laugh a little and noticed that he was still holding the book. He must've noticed that I was staring at the book and he began to hand it to me when he looked at it. It was a romance novel where a dragon shifter rescues his mate from her abusive boyfriend and she learns that not every man is out to hurt her. After he reads the back of the book, he flips over to the front of it and he shows it to me. 

"This is what you were looking at when I bumped into you?" He asks.

I blush and I quickly grabbed the book from him. I put the book back into its original spot. 

"Do you work here?" He questions.

"What makes you think that?" I ask.

"You have a badge on Eliza." He says.

I look down, and sure enough the badge is still on. I look back up then.

"So what's your name then?" I ask.

The guy was about to speak when he tilted his head to look behind me.

"There you are Drake." A voice behind me says.

I turn around and I realize that I'm looking at the exact replica of Drake. 

"Are you two twins?" I ask.

They both laugh and they shake their heads no. 

"I'm his father. My name is Adrian." He says.

I smile at them both. "It was nice meeting you both but I need to get home." I tell them.

"Same with you Eliza. I hope you brought your coat with you." Drake says.