Chapter 2

Eliza's P.O.V.

I left the two men and made my way to the backroom. Went to where my locker was located; opened it and pulled out my coat. I closed the door and put the coat on and then after zipping up; I wrapped my scarf around my neck and left the backroom. I walked past the registers and made my way out the store. 

The parking lot was covered in thick ice. I made my way slowly across to the end of the parking lot. I got to the middle of the lot before I started sliding around a bit. There was a light pole near me so I grabbed it and held on until I could keep my balance. I heard a car coming into the lot; I didn't think nothing of it until I heard the screeching of tires. I turned my head to the left and saw that the car was coming towards me. I tried to get out of the way but I was only sliding around on the ice and getting nowhere. The car was getting closer and closer to me and I still couldn't get anywhere.

I felt a set of hands on my back, push me forward away from the car. I took a few more steps forward before I slipped on the ice. I fell backwards and landed on my back hard on the ice. My head smacked the ground and I past out. 

When I woke up, I was laying a bed and I was in a room that wasn't mine. I pushed the blanket off of me and sat up. I noticed that there was two doors in this room, I was sure that at least one of the doors led out of the bedroom. I got off the bed and went over to the first door that was located on the left side of the room. I opened the door and it led into a bathroom so I went over to the other door and opened it. It led out into the hallway so I began to make my way through it when I heard voices. 

They sounded very familiar and it took me a moment to realize why it sounded familiar. When I nearly got to the living room, I saw Drake and Aiden...the two men I met at my job. I stood there in the hallway wondering why in the hell I was in their home. A flashback brought me back to the parking lot at my job and then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. I winced and gripped my head with my hands willing the pain to go away.

I walked into the living room and saw that the two men hadn't noticed me yet. I clear my throat; which wasn't a good idea because my head started throbbing again. They both turned to look at me.

"How are you doing Eliza?" Drake asks.

I shivered a little. "My head is killing me." I answer. 

Drake got up and left the living room. He came back with a glass filled with liquid and he was holding a medicine bottle. He hands me the glass and pops open the bottle.

"Is that Tylenol?" I ask.

Drake shakes his head and he holds out his hand, palm up. I see two pills so I pick them up and held them. I wasn't going to take the medicine unless I knew what it was.

"It's prescription medication. I had a doctor come out to look at you." Aiden, Drake's father answers. 

I popped the pills in my mouth, took a drink of whatever was in the glass. After swallowing, I realized that the liquid was water. After taking one last sip of the water, I handed the glass back to Drake. Our fingers brushed against each other's when he grabbed it. 

"So, when can I leave?" I ask.

"When the doctor says it's okay for you to leave. You hit your head pretty hard Eliza." Aiden answers. 

I wanted to throw a fit, to demand to be taken home immediately but I figured if this doctor they brought to see me said I had to stay here then I wasn't going to complain. 

"I guess if that's what the doctor said then so be it but I need to stop at my place to grab some stuff." I say.

Drake and Aiden both turned to look at each other. They both exchange a look and then Drake looks at me. 

"If your wanting clothing, I can just buy you some new stuff." Drake says.

I frowned at his choice of his words.Why was he trying to keep me here?

"It isn't just the clothing I want. I have a cat at home." I say.