4

Mabel's POV

Dipper came back to the shack, heh rhyming, quite late in the afternoon. With a guys jacket. I was behind the counter, when she came in.
"Soooo, Dippity dip dab, where you been?" I said trying to be casual. Straight away, suspicion was in her eyes.
"Why do you wanna know?"
"I was just wondering where my twin had been," I replied.
"Well, if you must know, I was out on a walk and spent my day in a field," Dipper answered.
"Did ya meet anyone there?" I asked. I could see the way her eyes narrowed, that she had caught on what I was meaning.
"I bumped into a couple of hunters," then she got annoyed, "what they're doing is wrong,"
When Dipper lifted her head, I was surprised to see tears in her eyes.
"They killed a cervitaur Mabel, a cervitaur, right in front of me. It's wrong and so messed up,"
Before I could respond to that, Soos came out calling us for dinner. Dipper rubbed her eyes and I was sure I heard her mutter, 'not right'. I also realised, she hadn't told me who's jacket it was.

Dipper's POV

Of course Mabel asked questions. She'll find out soon about Bill, but I don't want to tell her yet. Not until I'm sure he's​ changed. We sat down for tea and it was the usual questions.
"What'd you kids do today?" Stan asked.
"I DRESSED UP WADDLES!" Mabel shouted. Everybody at the table winced.
"Mabel, you're right beside me, you don't have to scream," Stan said.
"SORRY!" Mabel yelled in response. I get the feeling I'll be deaf by the end of this trip.

I wasn't really feeling hungry, so I excused myself and went upstairs​ to the bedroom. I began pacing trying to brainstorm ways I could stop the hunters. Town petition? No. The town would hardly agree.
Traps? No, the animals could get hurt.
Everything I came up with, had something against it. By the time Mabel came up, I was prepared to pull my own hair out.

"I have NOTHING, Mabel! Nothing!" I yelled.
"Dipper..." Mabel hesitated, "Get some sleep. You're tired and will think less looney tomorrow," she grinned at me. I just stared back at her, trying to defuse my anger. I slowly began putting my pyjamas on.
"Tomorrow's another day," I muttered, climbing into bed.
"Yeah, Dip dab, it is," Mabel replied. There was silence till I said, "Thanks Mabes," but she must've been asleep as there was no reply.

Mabel's POV

Poor Dipper. She tries so hard but I don't think there's a way out of this. That's a lot coming from me. Dip bip's right though. The hunting needs to stop, but I just can't see a way in how. I just hope Dipper realises soon, or else the longer she hopes, the more it'll hurt if it doesn't work out. But it's like she's floating alone in a lifeboat with nowhere to go.

Dipper's POV

I woke up and looked across the room to Mabel's bed. It was a mess but Mabes wasn't there. Probably down stairs, I thought. I began getting dressed and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing the same as yesterday, but decided on wearing my (h/l) brown hair down instead of in a ponytail. I looked into my hazelnut brown eyes and said to my reflection, "You were born to make history, you can make a change, just try."
Then headed off downstairs for breakfast.

(A/n) I started this story awhile ago and had it saved as a draft. The plan was to finish it then post it but plans change. So, screw it. Anyways, slipping in some references in this chapter so just letting you know incase you didn't notice 😋

- The Friend