Just the Beginning

"Oh my god!" Levy screamed, shooting out of bed and backing away. She eyed the lump underneath the sheets, trying to figure out what was going on. She certainly did not expect to wake up to that. But when she spotted the all too familiar black hair peeking out of the covers her body relaxed slightly. Still, you can't just hop on into bed with somebody without their consent. Then again, Natsu did it all the time with Lucy. Levy shook her head, trying to forget about the two and focus on her current situation.

The last time she saw Gajeel things hadn't ended well. He ended up storming off after scaring the hell out of the girl. Something about 'not having the control' or whatever. "Gajeel..." Levy whispered, leaning over and poking him. He stirred slightly before once again lying still. Levy groaned and rolled her eyes. Typical...

"Gajeel! Get out of my bed!" She screamed, kicking him onto the floor. He landed with a 'thud' and a few choice words until finally standing and rising to his full height. The blunette made a mental note to try and avoid standing face to face as much as possible, mainly because he was almost two feet taller than her. The Iron Dragon Slayer stared down at her with a small smirk, his arms folded across his chest.

"What are you doing here?" Levy asked, meeting his gaze. Gajeel simply shrugged and looked to his side, staring at her bedside table.

"Nothing really... I'm fine now, so I thought I might as well come and get you."

"You think, after everything that happened, I'll just go back with you? No." His arrogant smirk dropped and he once again met her eyes. His expression was hard to read, but she could tell he was pretty surprised.

"What do you mean, no?" He took a step forward, causing Levy to take one back. "I told you, I'm fine now. I know what is happening and I know what has to be done to control it. I can't do that without you there, so you have to come with me. Now." Gajeel reached out and gripped her wrist tightly in one hand, pulling her towards her closet to grab some clothes. Levy, seeing this, froze.

"No, not until you tell me." Gajeel peeked over his shoulder at the girl and glared. Levy placed her hands on her hips stubbornly and stared back, not moving.

The Dragon Slayer's eyes darkened slightly as their intense glare-off continued. Gajeel turned around completely to face her. He twisted his head to the side a little, cracking his neck, before straightening his back and standing up to his full height (once again). Levy, noticing his animalistic stance, broke their gaze and lowered her head. She walked into her closet and grabbed a bag, beginning to fill it with clothes.

Barely three hours passed and the two were already back at the small house in the middle of nowhere.

"Gajeeeel..." Levy whined, falling onto the couch with a groan. "Why won't you tell me what is going on? I have a right to know!"

Gajeel rolled his eyes and sat down in the seat across from her. He rested his elbows on his knees and brought his chin to sit in his palms. A few minutes of silence and stares passed before he spoke.

"I'll tell 'ya. But you probably won't like it." Levy nodded, sitting up straight and composing herself.

"Okay."

"The ability to fight dragons isn't the only thing that happens to someone who is trained for Dragon Slayer magic. When a person accepts the requirements and all that it takes to learn this form of fighting, they also agree to take on the side effects." Gajeel let out a sigh and leaned back into the chair. Levy nodded at him, telling him to continue.

"Uh.."

Oh god this is weird.

"Well... Okay, so when a Dragon Slayer reaches a certain point in their life, their hormones go all crazy and the only thing that is on their mind is to, well, mate." Blood rushed up Levy's neck and her cheeks turned bright red. Gajeel, who was avoiding eye contact, tried to force down a blush as well.