Chapter Three

Whizzer couldn't deny that he took a second to stare at Marvin's ass as he held the door of Maxwells open for him. Marvin couldn't deny that he was thanking god that he wore his fitted slacks for the interview today and swayed his hips a little more as he walked into Maxwells.
Whizzer lead Marvin to a booth in the area of the bar, setting his cameras down on the table and his messenger bag in the empty space of the booth. "So tell me Mr. Photographer why me?" Marvin questioned as he set down his folder and book to remove his jacket before sitting down.

Whizzer ran his hand through his hair and signaled for a waiter. "Jumping right into business aren't we Marvin." He said with a grin causing Marvin to roll his eyes. "I do believe I asked you here for a drink."

Before Marvin could respond a blonde with a notepad showed up and asked them what they'd like to drink. "Two glasses of Bacardi and Coke." Marvin answered right away without allowing Whizzer to request anything different. "Now answer my question."

I wonder if he's always this bossy, Whizzer thought as he subconsciously licked his lips. "Well Marvin, to answer your question simply, I didn't exactly have a choice. I was all prepared for my shot when you walked in it."
"You know that's not what I meant." Marvin sighed. "You could've easily stopped or told me to move; why did you take the pictures with me in it?"
Whizzer watched as Marvin folded his hands together on the table, tilting his head slightly as he waited for a response. He turned to reach for his digital camera turning it on and bringing up the pictures he took of Marvin. "The majority of them are on my other camera. I'll show you those once I get them developed."
Whizzer didn't see it but Marvin smiled softly at this little hint that there would be a future between them. "When you came into view you were tense as if you were battling with yourself internally." He handed Marvin the camera so he could scroll through the pictures. "Your body was telling a story of what seemed to be stress and pain," he paused playing with a loose thread on his cuff for a second before continuing "but when you looked at the sunset set and took in the view you calmed. I couldn't interrupted you because you needed that moment of peace." Whizzer said the last sentence cautiously not wanting to over step a boundary.
Marvin was quiet which made Whizzer believe that he fucked up greatly and on the first time taking him out too. It took him a second to realize that Marvin was scrolling through all the pictures on the camera, not just the ones of him. "You are really talented." Marvin spoke up when returning to a picture of himself turning towards Whizzer with a confused and flushed face. "Oh, thank you." Whizzer responded as he took the camera back, fiddling with the power button before turning it off.
A silence fell between them which was thankfully broken by the blonde waiter returning with their drinks then going off to tend to other customers. They both lifted their glasses and clinked them "Cheers" they said in unison, then took a sip of their drinks. Whizzer grimaced at the taste while Marvin handled the burn easily.
Whizzer placed his cup down "So why are you all dressed up?" He questioned reaching over to grab Marvin's tie and gently tug it.
Marvin took a longer sip of his drink before answering "I had an interview today." He said with a sigh. "I think I got the job."
Whizzer furrowed his eyebrows "How is that bad?"
"It's not exactly something I want to do." He responded quickly taking another sip of his drink. Whizzer noticed how easily and quickly Marvin was drinking compared to the one sip he had taken so far.
"Then don't do it." Whizzer replied simply. "Why get stuck doing something you hate for the rest of your life rather than doing something you are passionate about?" This caused Marvin to laugh softly and shake his head, which confused Whizzer. "It's not that easy. My parents set this up for me and expect me to get the job and stay there. They have my whole life planned out for me." He went to go take another sip of his drink to find it was empty. Whizzer pushed his glass over to him knowing he wouldn't finish it, but as Marvin went to go reach for the drink Whizzer placed his hand on top of his. "What do you want?"
Something about the softness off Whizzer's hand on top of his calmed him. Recently he's been letting his stress get to him, it's harder for him to calm himself and not worry about what his life is going to be like. He took a moment before answering lifting his hand slightly to a point where his and Whizzer's finger tips connected.