CHAPTER 14

I was sleeping when I felt someone's hand on my mouth. I was dragged violently out of my bed and I hit my head against the my bed's edge as I was dragged down the stairs of our house. I was pulled outside and put into put of the car. I could not turn to see the person's face, it was too dark. I couldn't scream either. My lips felt heavy and it was as though my body was weak.

When the car finally stopped, the boot was opened but as I tried to figure out who this was I was injected with something and I lost consciousness.

I opened my eyes and my head was throbbing. I was tied to a chair, my legs too.

"What is this... Why am I here!!!?", I shouted. The door opened and Jacob walked in with a gun in his hand. I started shaking.

"Can you just sit without making noise?", Jacob said to me as he sat on a chair that was in front of me.

"Why am I here?", I asked him. I wanted to cry but I stopped myself from doing such.

"Because I need to deal with you after I tell you something. I have to let it out of my chest then I can deal with a dead body", he said as he hit the gun against his head.

"What are you in about?", I asked him.

"Let me talk, you whore!", he shouted and I kept quiet.

"You know lies are so overrated... We're so caught up in our dilemmas and we forget to mind the real facts", he said to me. What in earth was he on about?

"Your brother... It was so easy to use him. That stupid little brother of yours didn't even think", he said.

"W-what do you mean? I'm confused", I asked him. I started thinking about how I was pregnant and as much as I didn't care... I was really hungry and this headache hurt.

"Leah... She was easy to use too", he said. My head was throbbing and I could barely digest what he meant.

"She loved me and I loved her but it was too much", he said.

"I loved her... I really did. But I'm not the feelings type. Brad was drunk that night and so I shot her and later maneuvered a way to blame Brad for everything. He wasn't the one holding the gun or firing the shots. He was just the bystander who got dumped that night. I'm the one who killed her", he said and I looked at him.

"You son of a bitch!", I exclaimed. He had played the nice guy when he knew he was the one who killed Leah.

"I'm not going to allow you to make me another Leah. I'm going to get out of this alive", I said to him.

"No you won't... You, you will die. You cannot return home knowing this secret. You will take this secret to your grave just like Leah did", he said to me.

"But Jacob... You won't only be killing me but the baby too. What if he was yours?", I said to him and for a moment I thought an emotional side to him.

"I told you... I don't have feelings. I don't want to feel anything towards anyone not even that thing you're carrying", he said to me.

"Thing? This is a living baby! You can't just call it a thing! This baby could be yours but you're more than happy to eliminate it from your life... Including me! Don't do this!!!", I yelled at him. This time the tears flowed out. I noticed a side to myself. I cared about the baby even if the baby wasn't Jacob's baby.

"You know Hailey... You act as if I care, I don't. The only people who care about you is your mother and Brad. Your father, your father has a new family... New life. Kids. A wife. A home. A complete home. Well pieced. Not the one you're living in that falls apart every time!",he yelled at me and I felt every aspect of my body break. Piece by piece. I felt incomplete. The fact that my father was having a happy life while we suffered. I hope one day he remembered us.

"Don't hurt me Jacob", I pleaded with him.

He held the gun to my head and I said my last prayers.

Why would he want to break me more than I had already been hurt?

The door bursts open and Brad rushed in with a gun and shot Jacob right there and there. He fell to the floor. Jacob looked at me as he pulled his gun closer to himself.

"Brad he still has the gun!", I yelled at Brad. Before Brad got to him... It all happened too fast.

Bang!!!! Bang! Bang!