Chapter 8

Copyright ©2017
Chapter 8 {UNEDITED VERSION}

“The strange thing about the Paranormal is that no matter how often you prove it, it remains unproven” -Deepak Chopra

"Cotton, I swear I can explain what's going on here. I swear give me a chance to." She held his wrist closing the door shut and pulling him away from the room. The absolute irritation on his face coupled with the 'tsk tsk tsk' sound he made was enough reason to start elucidating the whole scenario. "After I get my daughter, I can listen to you." He was about leaving when she held his hands firmly begging him not enter the room. She feel on her knees pleading and crying. Cotton sighed looking at the door of the room. He could hear the priest's voice only reading some things quietly.

"Our daughter has lost it Cotton. I told you this damn house isn't safe for us but you wouldn't listen to me! You wouldn't! She is possessed. I had to call a priest, it's not my fault... All the dreams and the stuffs now makes perfect sense, you know why? Because they have become reality in front of my very own eyes!" She cried and leaned on his shoulder. Her mind tried to picture what would be the expression on Cotton's face; Sympathy or a scowl. He stroked her back much to her surprise and she shifted away looking at his face wiping her tears.

"It's okay Roseline," He said gently caressing her check. "Let him do his job then. Promise she would be fine."

"I swear to the almighty, she would. The priest would just exorcise the spirit disturbing her and after that, she would be normal but we would have to leave this place. That's final." She said hugging him tightly to herself. Her hands clasped together at his back not wanting to let go. She couldn't have been more happier. Cotton had finally let the Priest do his work.
Together, they stood staring at each other and intermediately at the door. Cotton heard Victoria screamed and his grip on Rose's hand tightened. She could feel his fear flow into her veins via the contact and entering her organs incapacitating her.

Victoria still sat on the chair bound in ropes with the Priest still reading some biblical verses and praying. She winced a little and groaned in the pain. Her eyes were beginning to open slowly focusing on the priest.

Victoria Merchant
Her POV:

I didn't know where I was any longer. I hardly had control over my body anymore. I did things I didn't believe I could do. My mother had been so grieved by my condition but there was little she could do. I felt it's presence in the chambers of my belly like a fluid bruising the walls and tissues. It was trying to rest a little before it started it's oppression on me. I heard faint voice echoing in my ears and I turned my neck trying as much as I could to open my eyes. The pains in my stomach grew exceedingly and I groaned.
I finally opened my eyes at the man, the priest who offered his prayers with eyes closed.

I could remember him. He was the one who came with his little white car riding through the woods like he was some cowboy.

I just stared at him blankly and I could see the shock he experienced when he opened his eyes to see me looking at him. "Hi," I greeted forcing a smile. What I got as a response was some holy water sprinkled sparingly on me. He thought I wasn't myself but I was normal now. I wondered where my mom was and if dad was back. I wish to set my eyes on them.

He pulled a chair and sat in my front gazing at me, into my weakened eyes that I feared will either get sunken in or fall out. "Why did you drown the poor girl? You stubborn thing from the belly of Hades!" His fiery voice made me shiver.