Chapter Five

It's Tuesday. It's been three days since the night of Umbridge and Draco.

Almost everything is gone back to normal, except for Ron. Ron went on an apology tour to all of us, but he doesn't ever talk to me anymore only Harry, and sometimes his brothers. Never Ginny. Ginny didn't take it so well at first but now she's coped with it.

"He's a pratt anyway!" Ginny says on our way to defense against the dark arts.

"Ginny!" I laugh. We just had a very awkward run-in with Ron where he 'accidentally' tripped Ginny instead of saying sorry, he ran away. "Ginny you can't-"

"Granger!" I am cut off. Draco. Shit.

Ginny looks ready to fight when I turn to her. "Hey, give me a minute." I say.

"Okay?" She responds, her eyebrows knotted together.

After I see her leave, I turned to Draco. "What do you what Malfoy?" I try to sound angry even though I really wasn't.

"Umbridge thinks you're tutoring me remember. We need to sit next to each other during class so she doesn't get suspicious and fails me and puts you in detention." Draco says with a smirk.

"Fine let's go." I say, walking in not waiting for him.

As soon as we enter the classroom together all eyes are on us, Gryffindor and Slytherin alike. We're late, of course.

"Miss Granger, Mr. Malfoy why are you late?" Umbridge is at the front of the room, she is like always head to toe in pink.

"Um." I start.

"I needed Hermione to check my homework before class." Draco says sounding as if this was the truth.

"Is this true Miss Granger?" Umbridge eyes me, her high voice laced with doubt.

"Yes professor." Draco smirks next to me.

"Very well, find a seat."

I go take my seat Draco following me sitting beside me. Harry eyes me questioningly, I mouth that I'll tell him later.

Draco saved my ass again.