Chapter 14: Something is up with Zayn

The rest of the week had gone by somewhat quickly. Zayn was pretty bored throughout the days of his suspension, and he was dying to do something. It was Friday night and Zayn really just wanted to go out with Josh and Perrie. One of their classmates was having a party and Zayn really needed to get completely fucked up. Louis had also been getting on Zayn’s nerves that day. He would not stop telling Zayn to get out of bed and help watch the boys or clean up. Eventually Zayn had snapped.

“Zayn, it’s almost two in the afternoon, get out of bed and do something. Can you please just watch the boys so I can clean the house a bit?” Louis said, barging into Zayn’s bedroom. Zayn groaned and buried his head in his pillow.

“They aren’t my kids.” Zayn mumbled, though Louis heard him.

“Excuse me? Want to say that a bit louder, Zayn?” Louis asked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the door frame.

“They’re not my kids.” Zayn said louder this time. Louis raised an eyebrow at Zayn, sick if his attitude.

“I realize that, but I would like you out of bed and doing something productive today. Just because you aren’t at school doesn’t mean you can sit around all damn day.”  Louis replied. Zayn looked over to Louis and huffed.

“I’ll do what I want, thanks.” Zayn spat, glaring at Louis.

“No you fucking wont. Talk back to me one more time and see what happens.” Louis challenged.

“Fuck off.” Zayn said slowly, making eye contact with Louis.

“I want your phone, your car keys, and your laptop. You’re not going anywhere besides school, and I’m cutting off your allowance. Until you drop this attitude of yours, that’s how it’s going to be around here.” Louis said sternly.

“Actually I’m going out tonight, so no.” Zayn responded. Louis huffed and put his hands on his hips.

“Yeah? Just wait until Liam gets home, we’ll see about that.” Louis said before leaving Zayn’s room, slamming the door behind him. Louis was fuming. Zayn had never acted so disrespectful to Louis before. Louis had never been treated that way either. What made Zayn think that he could just talk to Louis like that?

Louis went downstairs and sat in the living room by the boys. He watched them as they played with their toys, Niall giggling like a maniac at something that Harry was doing. Louis couldn’t help but smile as he watched them, they just made them so happy. At least Niall and Harry never really disrespected Louis like Zayn had. Then again, Louis knew that once they got to their teenage years, they were probably going to be monsters.

Louis continued to sit there for about another hour until Liam came home. Niall and Harry were very happy to see him, going over to him and hugging him tightly. Liam then walked over to the couch and sat next to Louis. Liam leaned over and pecked Louis’ cheek. Louis gave Liam a smile that looked extremely forced, and Liam took note of that.

“Is everything alright, my love?” Liam asked Louis, intertwining their fingers.

“Zayn’s being really disrespectful and talking back to me. I said that he was grounded and he basically told me he wasn’t, saying that he was going out tonight.” Louis explained.

“What did you say?” Liam asked Louis.

“I told him that we’d see what happens when you get home. You know I’m not good at disciplining. He made me feel so small, Li. He made me feel like I was nothing.” Louis said, his voice cracking slightly. Liam grabbed Louis face and pressed a lingering kiss to Louis’ forehead.