Chapter Two>>Prowl at Daylight

>>>>Listen to the song! Has so much to do with this story ^_^

"Do you really want...

Do you really want me?

Do you really want me dead,

Or alive to torture for my sins?

Do you really want...

Do you really want me?

Do you really want me dead,

Or alive to live a lie?

Tell me would you kill to save a life?

Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?

Crash, crash, burn, let it all burn

This hurricane's chasing us all underground"

##################################################

The six girls split up at every direction, surrounding the rusted portable home. Most of its windows were taped shut with gray duck tape. Others were nailed down with disintegrating old wood; behind them tattered curtains blocked view to the interior.

            ‘This does not look like a place an Original Witch would live in,’ Irina’s telepathic message radiated through every girl’s mind. ‘I mean really, look at this place. It’s a wreck.”

            ‘Thus a perfect place to hide in’ Catalina countered, ‘just keep a look out, there might be—‘

Suddenly a sudden pain slashed through all six girls, reaching from their temples to the tip of their toes.

They hissed as the pain increased, pounding against their body with agonizing force.

            “What’s happening to us!” screeched Kathryn from afar, she was doubled over.

            “It’s a ward!” Irina grunted through clenched teeth, she stumbled back, distancing herself further from the house, “There’s a ward…around the perimeter of the house. Get out of it!!”

They all mimicked her movements, recoiling from the rusted portable as best they could until the pain lessened.

            “That Witch is smarter than what I thought her to be,” Crystala muttered as she recruited with her twin at the northern side of the portable; Afina, Irina, and Kathryn followed at her heals.

            “Then she must indeed be a real original alright,” Irina put in, “I had my doubts, what with the originals being somewhat instinct for millennia now.”

Catalina cursed under her breath; her electric violet eyes flashed red. “How in Hell are we suppose to talk to her if we can’t even get past a simple ward?”

Crystala perked up, a sly smile spread across her perfect lips, “We do what we always do sister. We burst through the ward using incedia,”

            “Are you crazy?!” Irina blanched, “We are not strong enough to break a ward. It’ll only accomplish to drain us of our power.”

Crystala shrugged Irina’s worries off, her blue gaze on the invisible wall that divided them from the Witch’s refuge. Rolling back her shoulders she stepped forth, only to be yanked back from Catalina.

            “Crystala don’t be stupid. Irina knows what she is saying, and I suggest you listen to her before you end up hurting yourself all while hurting us in the process.”