Chapter 1

Everything was normal when it first started out, that was- until it was Friday, March 13th. I had been on my way to school when my mother had pulled up beside me on the pavement.

"Ana, come on. I'll give you a lift to school." My mom, Maria offered.

I smile gratefully, but shake my head. "Thanks, but no thanks mom. I'm almost there anyway."

She sighs and leans her arm on the steering wheel. "Okay, wanna tell me why you're walking if you have a perfectly wonderfully working car in our driveway." She asks.

I shrug, "why are you, the one who says I need to walk more, complaining about me not driving my car?" I ask as I kick a stone off onto the road.

She shrugs. "Well, I don't know, maybe because I bought you that car for driving. Not for leaving it in the driveway while you walk everywhere."

I groan. "Okay, whatever, just leave me to my walking to school and go to work, otherwise you'll be late, I however still have an hour until hell starts. And I guarantee I'll be there in five minutes. Okay? So unless you wanna look like a stalker-"

"Alright, alright, I'm going, what about Chinese for dinner tonight and we can watch Netflix?" She asks as she interrupts me.

I smile gratefully. "Lovely, see you tonight." I call out as she drives away.

Walking along the pavement, I pull out my phone and plug my earbuds in, listening to Thunderstruck by AC/DC, smiling when the beginning begins playing. I make my way up the steps leading to the school's parking lot and I see my boyfriend- Oliver's car. Moments later I see him running towards me, he stops once he's about two feet away from me. "Hey baby." He says, smiling.

"Hi Ollie." I say, scrolling through the music on my phone.

He quickly pecks me on the lips and hugs me close to his chest. I grin, "well I love you too, you big doof."

We start to walk towards the science building where most of my classes were held at, we walk into the cooler building and he wraps his arms around my waist. "Where are you going?" He asks with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and kiss him lightly. "School."

"But, that's boring. Why don't you come over to my house?" He suggests.

I shake my head, "no, I have my favorite classes today Ollie."

He sighs. "Just skip 'em?" He says, hopefully.

Once again, I shake my head. "No, I like learning to be smart. And don't forget, you're dating a straight A+ student goofball." I say with a smirk.

He groans and bends his knees a little to show he gives up. "Fine, but can we hang later?"

I nod, quickly pecking him on the cheek. "Yeah, now get to class. Don't want Jettering calling you out on being late again."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Don't remind me, see you third?"

I nod and we kiss quickly before I walk over to my locker and put in my code, I throw my books into the cubby and grab the stuff I needed for Mr. Grayson's class, then I walk down the hall to said class.

"Good Morning Ms. Stone, I see you will be joining us today." Mr. Grayson says as I walk into the room.

I roll my eyes as I sink down into my desk and throw my legs up on top. "I'm not late of course."

He rolls his eyes in return and walks up to the board, grabbing a black dry erase marker before drawing a pentagram on the board. "Today, we're learning about demons." He says, before looking at me.