one

I'm simultaneously disappointed with myself and proud of myself as well ??

who knows

-

The ropes binding his wrists were tied all too tight. With every step they rubbed against his skin, slowly and painfully peeling it. His feet hurt, too. Walking barefoot across a rocky, uneven road was nowhere near comfortable, but he didn't have to put too much effort into seeing that comfort wasn't what the six men at his sides were worried about.

The wall of Koadaeta came into view, and he knew it was practically over for him. He watched on as three men worked to roll the gigantic, brass gate open. One stood above the all, completely dressed in shining armor from head to toe. His broad shoulders and multiple monochrome badges across his chest gave notice that he was commander - total authority of the city.

"We come from Kulo-Shaeda!" the man right in front of him called out. The armor-clad man turned his gaze down to the group and crossed his arms across his chest.

"State your business," he growled back, eyes trailing over a small cart of goods that was exiting the city.

"The execution, quite obviously." A tone of sarcasm was lacing his speech. "What else would we be doing here?"

The tall man practically snarled, then made a gesture towards the three men at the gate. In a flash, they weighed the gate's cables down onto the ground to keep it open.

The small group continued to move, and he couldn't help but look around at the inner city in awe. A man at the back roughly shoved him forward, cutting off his 'sightseeing,' then barked out a call for him to simply move.

"Can't help but admire it, eh shkrep?" One man taunted with forced laughter. "It's a step up from the dump you call a home."

He snapped his teeth at the man, letting his shiny, metallic tongue glisten in the sunlight for a split second. The man flinched back, but only for a short moment. In an even quicker instant, the prisoner was face down in the dirt. His arms were painfully pinned behind his back and his mouth was full of dirt.

"You think you're smart?" the man he had apparently 'provoked' spat in his ears. "You're nothing but a piece of scum that doesn't deserve to live." He chuckled darkly, lowering his voice to a seething whisper. "In just an hour, you'll be dead. No one's gonna remember you - no one cares. This will be the greatest moment of my life, kid. Watching you writhe in pain as you're slowly dying."

The real victim - Marius was his name - struggled under the man's strength. He cringed at the taste of the dirt, but didn't waste any time in taking the man's words to heart.

'No one cares,' he told himself, 'but that's how it's supposed to be. No one's supposed to care, anyway.' He let out a short, breathy laugh as the man hauled him upright again.

"Somethin' funny?" another asked him, keeping a hand on the rope that was tied to the ones bound around his wrists.

"No sir," Marius practically mocked, keeping his eyes ahead of them.

They were walking towards a large platform that appeared to be situated in the direct center of the city. People were gathered around it, some fidgeting nervously while others were scanning the area with violent excitement. Marius knew that it was mandatory for the cityfolk to attend the execution, so he wasn't nearly as surprised as he probably should have been.

As the men pushed Marius up to the top of the platform, a man of a very regal demeanor stepped forward; front and center.

His immensely long, blonde hair cascaded over his back. His skin was as white as a cloud on a sunny day and his amethyst eyes glinted with an emotion of malice.