Chapter 3-Chris

Here it is guys, chapter 3. Sorry for taking so long with it, and over the coming break I may post more or less depending on my sleeping arrangements, if you know what I mean. Don't forget to like and comment!

Chris' POV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope that bastard gets some serious amnesia. I thought as I walked down the corridor to my apartment, wand in my pocket, slightly winded from the fight. "Teleportation and time reversal." I said to no one in particular. "That took a LOT out of me"

I walked into my cramped, one bedroom apartment. It was a giant room for a living room, an odd shape which was sectioned off with a kitchen over to one side, and a corridor which led to the bathroom and the bedroom. Glancing over to the fridge on the right of the room which wasn't really a room, I walked over to it, I grabbed a can of lemonade, and proceeded to walk onto my balcony. I moved out of the house, slamming the glass door behind me. Just as soon as I had gotten into my seat overlooking the harbor, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey." said Harly, casually lounging into the chair beside me.

"Hey yourself", I replied, tired and unready for a long conversation.

"Well, I dumped Tanner."

"..." I turned slightly towards her, not quite able to process what I had just heard her say. It clicked a second or two later. "WHAT?!"

My lemonade spurted out of my mouth, falling in streams towards the ground, and I felt bad for a couple walking along the terrace near the pool below us, as they were gifted with a yellow surprise.

Harly just shrugged.

"So," I began, choosing my next words very carefully, like walking across a thin layer of ice. " you were going out with him for-"

"Just about two years." she interrupted.

"TWO YEARS?!" Another stream of lemonade.

"Ok, so two years, but why just end it like that?" I asked.

"Because, if you must know, before all of this", she gestured to the entire sky line ahead of us. " I lived a sheltered life. Well...more like a royal life, as a princess."

I swear, if she had kept that up I would have sworn off lemonade for life.

"I escaped all of that, all the smothering and properness, for a life of my own, and he was just a piece of the past I had held onto to keep a piece of home in my memories." she said. "Well I'm over it now. So, I decided to make it official. He forgot the whole thing, so I decided to end it before THAT had a chance to happen again."

"Well then. I haven't heard a life story in awhile." I said, wondering how she'd take it. I was done choosing my words, and I went back to finishing my lemonade.

"Well then? I just poured out my whole life story and all I get is a well then?"

"Ummmm......"

"Fine." she said, as she began to leave.

"Don't go. Thats not what I meant, it's just a lot to digest, that's all."

She seemed to have calmed down slightly, and she climbed onto the rail, tiptoeing along it like a tightrope walker.

I decided to warn her. "Be careful, you'll-" She plunged off my railing into the breeze.

A second later, I saw a faint ripple above me, and there she was,in my arms. I had just barely caught her too. I glanced down to see my poor can of lemonade roll off the balcony. I guess lemonade can't teleport.

We stared into each other's eyes, and then we both realized how awkward it was, me cradling her like-

She decided to get up, her face lighting up a really cute shade of pink. I got up, and extended my hand, offering a handshake.

"Well, it was good to see you." I said, trying my hardest not to raise the tension between us through the roof.

"You too" she replied.

"Well then."

"I'll just-"

"Me too."

"But don't you live here?" she asked.

"Yeah..."

"Bye!" She said, trying to hold back fits of giggles. The familiar ripple. I was alone again.

Time to get some more lemonade.

A few hours later, a raging party downstairs had finally got the better of me. In the mailroom, they said it was going to be an open invite, so I turned off my TV and decided to go enjoy myself.

Not alone, of course.

I picked up the phone, with one number in mind. I had found it on my couch, etched into a leaf.

"Harly?" I said.

"Hey, I guess you found my letter."

"Yeah, so there's this party-"

"I can hear it from here."

"Wanna go?" I asked. There was a knock at my door. There she was, ready to go. She hung up her cell, outstretching her hand.

"Maybe." Grinning, I took it, and led her into the elevator.

Best idea ever. Lounging on the side of the pool, we drank a couple of...drinks and decided to talk. That didn't last long. I pulled her close to me, the drinks from before whispering in my ear, telling me to do interesting things. I decided to listen to them, if only a little.

She leaned in,meeting me halfway between us. I leaned in to her, closing the distance. I ran my tongue over the edge of her soft, lower lip and she groaned in pleasure. I guess the drinks were talking to her too.

I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her entirely to me. She tasted like lavender and cinnamon, and smelled like vanilla rain.

As I explored her mouth, playfully chewing on her lip and wrapping my tongue around hers, I felt the water around us warm to a comfortable boil. I could feel her grabbing my shoulders, and I decided to intensify the kiss. I tugged gently on the bow on the back of her bikini top, feeling the bow grow smaller by the second. That's when she pulled away.

"Ow Chris!" she screamed, and I opened my eyes. The water was boiling, and I could see that she didn't have nearly the same heat tolerance that I did, she was wincing in pain. I stepped back, realizing that I had hurt her. I never wanted this.

I turned,wading away from her in the pool, widening the gap between us in my mind farther than ever.

I felt a slight zap on my shoulder.

"Get back here, I'm not done with you yet." She didn't seem to be nearly as hurt as I had first thought, obvious by the way she was seductively biting her lip.

"Okay", I said, leaning into her again.