Chapter 10-Harly

----------------------------

Finally made it to ten chapters! Hooray! To all those who have been reading the story, thank you so much. It makes my day to log on and see votes and comments from fans. Keep reading! Oh, and check out the book 'The Alpha's Mate, written by a good friend, Alicia9417. Thanks again for reading, and happy trails!

Harly's POV

----------------------------

We were ushered into a large lobby, with another waterfall at one end of the room and people everywhere. There were people who were lounging on chairs, sharing drinks by a huge fireplace, and generally talking. Over at the other end of the room, were a pair of giant glass doors.

We were waved to a receptionist in the center.

She had flowing brown hair, and purple eyes. She was decked out in blush and eyeliner, a little too much makeup for her occupation.

She wasn't overweight, but she wasn't a pencil either, and she looked up at us, stopping the typing she was doing.

"Chris Branford and Veronica Harlett?" she asked.

"That's us", said Chris, cheerful as ever.

"I'm Clarisse, the school receptionist." I wondered what else her job description included.

As she tried to get up, her breasts got stuck under the table, and after a bit of effort, she managed to get herself free.

"Guess these things aren't safe for work, are they?" she said looking at Chris. "But you would know all about that, wouldn't you?" she continued, winking at him.

I immediately didn't like this woman. I stepped in front of him.

"Sorry miss dairy, he's already taken." I said. Chris seemed shocked.

"We'll your rack isn't too shabby yourself. What size are they? Bs, Cs?" she said.

I could feel heat creeping into my cheeks. Clutching my chest, I retorted, "So what if they are?"

"Would you mind explaining that giant snake earlier?" Asked Chris, hoping to change the subject.

Visibly annoyed, she began to speak. "Think of it as sort-of an entrance exam. Nothing comes free, and even with those scholarships, without killing it, you wouldn't have been allowed in."

"Okay then." He replied.

She typed something on the computer, and turned around, obviously surprised.

"Seven minutes and eighteen seconds. The fastest duo time in the records. Congratulations!"

As she walked us over to the doors, and I noticed a giant wall of people, with the title 'Famous Graduates'. There were pictures of a whole lot of celebrities, like Christian Bale, Amy Adams, and even Hugh Jackman. Surprising.

We walked through, and it was like another world. It was a giant space, so big I couldn't even see the other end. In front of us was a giant park, with a bunch of people having picnics. This mountain was a lot bigger than it looked.

She began to speak. "This is the MSA campus. Over here, directly below us is the Grand Lawn. Over to the right, those small buildings are the classes. On the left is the forest, a jungle used as a giant training and studying facility. There are also treetop dorms there. In the middle, those four skyscrapers are the main dorms, with twenty floors each. Behind them is the beach."

"Wow" we said together. I looked up, and saw the sky. She noticed me looking, and said," There's a spell to make the cavern roof seem transparent. We didn't want any claustrophobia."

Wrapping herself around Chris' arm, she asked him if he was busy, and whether he wanted to spend the night in her 'private' accommodations.

He politely declined, and she looked pissed. She turned to leave.

"Oh, and one more thing. Your room assignments. Relationship status is included in choosing your rooms, so what is it? Are you together or did you just come here together?" She looked hungrily at Chris. I stepped in quickly. Without thinking, I quickly said,"We're together."

She was really ticked off now. Two sets of keys appeared in her hands, and she tossed one to each of us. "You'll be rooming next to each other then." she said, without turning to look at us. The doors closed, and she was gone.

We walked down the stairs, to the park. There were a few people laying on towels, throwing frisbees, and having picnics.

Then there were the other people.

There were students having matches for fun, pranksters lighting magic fireworks, and some people walking their multi-headed dogs.

Chris took my hand, sending electricity up my arm. I wondered if it even made sense for us to have separate rooms.

"Let's go get settled in" he said, pulling me and my suitcases.