Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Annie Pov.

Finnick and I go to the reaping and we sit down next to the mayor. Pearl calls the female tribute whose name is Kim. Kim is about five and a half feet tall. She's kind of skinny, but not that bad. She is probably sixteen years old, she has a light brown hair color. Her eyes are baby blue, her cheeks are rosy and are covered in small freckles. She's very pretty which will have sponsors lining up at the door. The boy tribute's name is Jake. He looks similar to the girl, they have the same color hair and eyes. He is very strong and looks like he is six feet tall. I have to admit, he's handsome. They say their goodbyes and get on to the train.

"Hi. I'm Finnick and this is Annie and Mags." Finnick introduces all of us.

"I'm Jake and this is my twin sister Kim." Jake tells us.

"You guys do look alike." I tell them and give them a smile. Kim is shy and she's clearly upset.

I'm gonna mentor Kim and Finnick is going to mentor Jake. Mags mentored the girl for me last year because I wasn't ready. Even though my 'issues' aren't gone, they're easier to handle. But they happen more often during the games. I go in my room after dinner and lay down. Finnick comes in.

"Hey." he whispers.

"Hi." I whisper and smile at him.

"Do you think Jake is... cute?" he asks with a smirk.

"You're so jealous!" I tell him and I laugh. "You're always going to be the cutest guy I know."

He smiles and kisses my cheek. "I was just asking, because I think Kim is kind of cute."

"That doesn't bug me, I know you're joking." I roll my eyes.

"Yea, I knew you wouldn't fall for it. I thought I'd just give it a shot." he says with a quick laugh.

I yawn, "I'm tired."

I lay down on the pillow and he rubs my head. I fall asleep in a couple of minutes, and he stays with me.