Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Annie Pov.

Kim and Jake have the tribute parades tonight. Tomorrow their training starts. We don't really have anything to do with them today, so Finnick and I go up on the roof.

"Have you forgiven me for almost jumping last night?" I ask.

"Forgiven, not forgotten." He tells me.

"It was a complete mistake. When I heard your voice, it made me stop." I explain.

"But what if you don't hear my voice? Then what?" he asks.

"You can't keep worrying about me. Not this much, you'll drive yourself crazy." I whisper.

"I'm already crazy." he says. I look at him confused. "Crazy about you."

"Can we talk about this later?" I ask.

He nods his head. "What do you want to talk about?" he smirks.

"I don't know." I smile.

"What did you do while I was gone?" he asks.

"Well I went over to my other boyfriend's house." I say sarcastically. And he slightly laughs.

"You're kidding... right?" he asks suspicious of me.

"Gosh how much more jealous and gullible could you be?" I ask.

"I don't know. You're just too easy to lose." he says.

"You're easier to lose. The whole country is practically drooling over you." I say with a small frown.

"Is the never jealous Annie Cresta jealous?" he asks sarcastically.

"No, there's a difference between jealousy, and trust." I tell him.

"Are you still afraid about being able to trust me?" he asks.

"Finn, I'm always going to be a little weary on trusting you. Who knows how many secrets are in your head now? Who knows how many more you're going to have?" I ask.

"Ann, you promised that you were going to trust me." I can tell I'm hurting his feelings.

"I know but wouldn't you have trouble trusting me?" I ask.

"I guess so, yes. I just, I'm afraid." he tells me.

"Afraid of what?"

"That I'm going to be so secretive later, that you won't want me anymore. That Snow will break us apart. I don't want to lose you."

"I told you on that beach that I wouldn't leave you. Now you're not trusting me."

"I trust you Annie."

We don't talk for awhile, and a question pops in my head.

"Why do you love me Finn?" I ask completely curious because I've never asked him before.

"Because I do." he tells me.

"Yea but why me? You could have any girl in the world. Why me?"

"Even when I met you, you seemed unique. All those girls are the same to me. I love your honesty. Those other girls are not honest. Not that looks matter but you're the prettiest girl I know. You're funny and curious. You're selfless and you're a good person. Annie I love everything about you." he tells me. I kiss him. "Why do you love me?"

"Because, you saved me so many times even though you got in trouble when you did. You make me laugh even when I'm mad at you, or sad about something else. You're the only one that can keep me from losing my mind. You're the only guy that I've ever loved." I explain. He smiles.

"So you've never had a boyfriend except for me?" he asks.

I decide to mess with him, "I said you're the only guy I've ever loved. Not the only guy I've been with."

"So how many guys have you dated?" he asks. He's so gullible. I say random names and count my fingers. I get to seven. "That's a lot!" he exclaims.

"I'm just kidding! There's only one," I hold up my pointer finger. I point to him and say, "you."