Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Annie Pov.

Kim was able to play the 'I'm helpless' card. Hopefully the other tributes fell for it. Jake walks onto the stage.

"Hi Jake!" Caesar exclaims.

"Hi Caesar." He flashes a smile and the girls next to me are getting all excited. Maybe they'll leave Finn alone if he wins.

"So, you and you're sister, both picked for the reaping. How do you want things to happen?" Caesar asks.

"I want to protect her and then let her win." he says and the crowd says 'aww'.

"You guys are twins, correct?" Caesar asks.

"Yea, but she's my more than my sister, she's my best friend." he says and he makes the crowd melt.

"I'm a good mentor huh?" Finnick asks.

"Yea, you're pretty good." I admit and roll my eyes.

Jake leaves the stage and Finn and I go backstage to where they are.

"You guys both did great." Finnick tells them.

"Well we have some pretty good mentors." Jake says and winks at me.

Finnick gives him a look.

"We'll see you in a few." I tell them and I turn Finnick around. "Calm down, it was a meaningless wink. You're so easily jealous."

"I know, I know." he says and I laugh.

"Let's go back." I tell him.

We go back to the tributes living quarters. No one is in here besides the avoxes. My mom and Larry are still here. I have been doing my best to ignore that they're here but it's not easy. Tomorrow is the games so Finnick and I are probably going to be busy. I have a feeling that Kim and Jake are going to have a lot of sponsors. I go in my room.

Finnick knocks on the door, I know it's him because he's the only other one in the apartment.

"Hey." he says.

"Hey."

"So what do you want to do tomorrow with the sponsors?" he asks.

"Well, I think I want to talk to Jake and Kim and see who they want to be in an alliance with." I tell him.

They come up the elevator and we walk over to them.

"Who do you want in your alliance?" Finnick asks.

"The careers wanted us to partner up with them." Kim tells us.

"I can give their mentors a call." I tell them. I call the mentors from one, Gloss and Cashmere. They say that they are going to tell their tributes that they are in an alliance with Jake and Kim. I call the mentor from district two and a man named Brutus answers the phone. He says that the tributes from two are happy that Jake and Kim are on their team. I tell Jake and Kim that they're in the career pack. I go in my room and fall asleep. Finn comes into my room and I wake up.

"Sorry I was really tired." I tell him. I actually wasn't having bad dreams even though he wasn't there, the medication must've been working.

"It's fine. Can I stay in here now?" he asks.

I nod my head and fall asleep again.