vi

they were placing bets on whether or not gansey would come in at close when the bell chimed, signaling a customer.

"ha!" blue laughed. "i win," she twirled around to face something other than gansey at 9:51.

"henry?" she said incredulously. "you never come in more than twice a day, you okay man?"

he looked like shit. his usually perfect hair was flat on his head and covered in something sticky. his nice-rich-boy clothes were also covered in the sticky substance. his shoes were untied and he had a rather large rip at the hem of his jeans. he went and sat at the high bar near the register and held his face in his hands. he looked up and said, "i have no clue what's wrong. it's like i'm cursed or some shit. cursed. me? cursed? i have seen some incredulous things but this? this? this doesn't happen to me."

adam just snorted. "bad things happen to good people all the time henry," and he went and grabbed a rag for henry to wipe himself off with. "here."

henry took it happily. "thanks pretty boy parrish, i need someone like you in my life."

"i'm someone like me and i'm in your life already," adam said.

"well in that case-" henry was cut off by the sound of the door opening, being pushed by none other than our gansey boy. henry took a double take and looked back at adam, blue, and noah.

"you didn't tell me richard "dick" cambell gansey the third came here to get coffee. i get coffee at the same place as richard "dick" cambell gansey the third, wow, this is an honor, sir, wow. what a privilege to drink the same coffee as richard "dick" cambell gansey th-"

"shut up, cheng, we get it, you're in love with gansey," ronan lynch growled from behind gansey.

blue broke out in laughter. "wai- wait, your name is richard "dick" cambell gansey the third? the third? there are three other men out there with that name? i'm gonna cry," she leaned against noah, who was cracking up as well. adam, on the other hand, was trading daggers with ronan from across the shop.

"your name is dick?" noah stuttered out.

gansey sighed. "my father is dick, i'm just gansey," he looked at henry and sighed again. "what did you have to do that for, henry?"

henry just snickered as he kept wiping his hair and clothes off. "no reason, i just like the way your name rolled off the tongue, gansey boy."

gansey sighed again and looked at blue, who was red in the face with trying to not laugh anymore. "can i order a large black coffee, or am i too late again?"

blue looked at the time. 10:01. "yes, you can, but just because you have such an awful name," she went got him a to-go cup of their finest black.

"4.23 please," she put her hand out for the money. he gave her exact change and then dropped a fifty into the tips.

blue bristled. "okay i understand you're rich and all but why the fu-"

"you let me buy a drink after hours, which deserves a wealthy tip for your kindness," gansey interrupted blue mid rant.

"oh you made a mistake," noah whispered gently from his spot leaning against the back counter.

"you made a grave mistake," whispered adam from his spot, still staring hard at ronan, who was staring just as hard back.

"so grave we already bought you a coffin," henry whispered as he was still wiping the random goo from
his body.

gansey turned and looked at ronan incredulously, considering he couldn't figure out what he did wrong. "a little help here?"

"nope," ronan said, popping the 'p'.

blue blew a breath out from her nose and climbed on top of the front counter to be taller that's gansey. she leaned down and yelled "i get that you're rich and all but you don't need to flaunt it you boat shoes wearing fiend. if you're gonna waste money here, at least put it in a charity."

gansey just looked at her. "i already put a lot of money into charity. more than i spend in a year."

blue bristled as she tried to find a way around this small fact. she couldn't. "god damn you, you fucking fuck," she mumbled under her breath. the other boys in the room just stared at her, afraid of why she stopped yelling.

"well, this is new," henry said as he threw the rag down on the counter and hopped off the barstool. "i'm gonna head out, i don't want to die as a casualty in the cross fire," he flipped a peace sign and walked out.

noah watched him go. "y'know, he never told us what actually happened. who wants to take a guess?" he went and grabbed the rag henry had been using and took it to the back.

"no," adam and blue said simultaneously as they stared down their counterparts across the front counter.

noah barely glanced up and began rambling. "how did i know you guys were gonna say no? anyways, i think it was grape jelly on him, because that's what it smelled and tasted li-"

"wait," ronan tore his eyes from adam's. "you fucking tasted it?"

noah looked at him with mild interest. "well yeah. what else am i supposed to do to figure out what it was?"

ronan looked at gansey, who'd been oddly quiet. "i like him," he stated simply.

"you can't take this one home, ronan," gansey said exasperatedly, liked this wasn't the first time ronan had tried to bring home a stray.

noah laughed. "maybe another time, snake face."

ronan just rolled his eyes, and relocated them onto adam's face.

blue took her eyes off of gansey and looked at the time. so did gansey.
"we'll just, ah, leave you all to finish up and go home. have a swell rest of your night, thank you for the hospitality," gansey said as he grabbed ronan by his jacket and turned him around.

"maybe i wasn't ready to leave," ronan snarled as gansey got a firmer grip on him.

"maybe you just wanted to stare at the pretty boy behind the counter," gansey said low enough for only ronan to hear.

"you fucking asswipe piece of shit-" ronan began cursing as eloquently as one possibly could. it was impressive and still going as gansey hauled ronan out the the door and onto the street.

as adam blue kept staring, noah went and shut off the front lights. he went into the back room and grabbed his stuff. "you guys do realize you can leave now that your lovers are gone, right?"

"fuck you noah," came the second simultaneous reply of the night.

noah just laughed. "love you guys too, goodnight."

a/n
it's been awhile and i'm sorry. i'm gonna thank @spacexface for the wonderful comments that made me want to write again. thank you so so much !!