3

"MUMMY NO!"

Everyone in the room sat up immediately as Franky bolted upright in bed, screaming her head off. The officers on duty struggled to restrain her, jabbing her arm with a needle to calm her down. Eventually, she fell backward, eyes unfocused and drooping, before she fell back to sleep, muttering the same thing over and over again.

"Tony, Tony, Tony...Tony..."

Alex had no idea what that meant. No one did.

***

Franky Doyle stared at the beautiful brown haired sleeping girl beside her, wondering who she was and her reason for being here. In all Honesty, Franky herself didn't even know why she was here. Hospital? Something bad must've happened to her. She whispered yelled over to ms Miles, who sat in a corner chair next to some other brown haired guy. "Hey smiles! Why am I in here?"

Linda looked up surprised . "Doyle! You don't remember? Someone pushed you down the stairs." Her voice woke the brunette beside her. "Damn. Jacs must've really done a number on me this time. Who'd she get to do it?" Franky chuckled. Alex looked up at her then Linda, sharing a concerned look with the officer. "Franky," Linda began. "What is the last thing you remember?"

"Hm. Last thing I remember would probably be calling Jacs a saggy old bitch after she cut up my tit. Why? " She gauged everyones reactions. Linda got up, saying she was going to get the doctor in charge. Alex reached out for Franky, before changing her mind and retracting her hand, yet not before Franky noticed. "Franky, do you...remember me...at all?''

Franky raised an eyebrow. "A pretty face like yours I'd never forget. So nope, why, should I? "

"Of course not. " Alex bit her lip and scooted back, standing up and excusing herself to go to the bathroom, tears brimming. Jake let out a relieved breath, his plan taking its own successful course. She didn't remember him. "What's up with her?" Franky asked oblivious. "She was ya girlfriend, Doyle. " Franky looked up surprised. "Really? Damn! How'd I catch her? Now that's a jackpot. Although she must be feeling pretty shitty right now, with me not remembering her and all." Franky bit her lip and trailed off, wondering what the hell was going on. Whatever it was, she was more confused than shed ever been and it felt like a big chunk of something important was missing. Her thoughts were cut off as who she assumed was the doctor, walked in with ms Miles. "Francesca! You're awake, good to see. Now, I'm just going to do a little check on you just to make sure everythings working Tickety tock."

Franky smiled over at the man as he came over to her and grinned. Who even says that? And the trace of some accent, dutch perhaps, made it would even funnier. She squinted however when he shone a bright torch in her eye, of course annoying the fuck out of her since she'd just woken up. She did as he said and did some simple coordination tests, making a satisfied sound when he was done. "Well, apart from your memory, everything sounds and looks fine. Of course we'll still have to do an MRI to confirm but soon you should be good to go. Now if I could just talk to one of the officers outside..."

Jake stood up. "I'll come. Might as well stretch my legs and wait for Will out in the corridor give you two some catching up. " Linda nodded in agreement as Alex walked back in calm and composed if not a little jittery. "Well in that case I'm going for a smoko. Be back soon." Alex grabbed a hold of Linda on the way out, sliding her a note and some money, earning a smile. Franky watched amusedly at the scene, giving Alex a curious look as she sat down on the end of the bed.
"Ooh, got the officers wrapped around your little finger I see. What's she gettin yah? Cell? Drugs? I can hook you up with one of those,"

Alex gave her a half smile. "Nah, just some junk food. Besides, you can't hook anyone up with anything anymore anyway."  Franky arched an eyebrow. "Watcha tryna say? Don't believe me?"

"God. Your brains pissing me off already. You weren't this much of a smart ass even when I met you. Bea'd love to see you now. " Franky's face lit up at that. "Red? How is she? Is she doin good? Jacs ain't giving her any trouble is she?" Alex narrowed her eyes at Franky, wondering how much she should tell her. Would it be safe to tell her everything? She didn't know. It could muck up her brain or something. But Franky had noticed something was up, because she was staring at Alex with that damned eyebrow raised again. "Just tell me woman. I can handle it."

Well...it couldn't hurt. " Um. I don't know how to put this. Hm. OK, so long story short. Jacs is dead, killed by Bea, ages ago, Bea is now top dog, after fighting you for it and winning, then she went on the run and killed braydon Holt, then came back. Also, we got this new governor, who is this psycho, um, yeah. You, me, Bea and some others escaped, went on the run for a few months, got caught eventually. You and I got caught by the governor, she went to shoot you but instead shot me, I almost died and went back to prison, you got set free and started working in some law thing or something, then got blackmailed and sent back to prison to get a confession out of me, there's been a turf war, Bea and I are co top dogs, Vera's the governor now after the governor got put in prison, we're now fighting to take her down, you've taken it upon yourself to help prove me innocent, in the process almost getting yourself killed by someone who strangled you and threw you down the stairs and voilà, here we are three weeks later."

Franky opened and closed her mouth as if to say something, contemplating what to say as she processed what had just happened. "I- Um- wow. That's...eventful. You sure you didn't get that storyline from some drama on TV?" ( A/N *wink *wink*)

Alex looked at her dumbly. "Oh. I guess not then. So... Jacs is dead, Bea is top dog and you, you're my... Girlfriend?" Alex jolted slightly at the latter. "Huh? Who told you that?" Franky bit her lip. " That screw. Why? Was he wrong?" Alex looked away. Girlfriend? She didn't know how to describe it. More like, mutual attraction, perhaps? "Erm, something like that, in a way. We weren't really a thing. Not officially , anyway. "

Franky creased her eyebrows. "Well that's confusing as fuck," she looked up and grinned. "Although, I can totally see why I'd like you. Your are sexy as hell, plus you seem pretty smart. " She winked. Alex blushed and let her hair fall around her face. "Ohk. " Alex said awkwardly. Thankfully, Vera strolled through the door just as Franky was about to say something more. "Franky! Your awake! How're you feeling?" Franky smiled mischievously.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Vinegar Tits."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys :)

So I read a few chapters at the start of the previous book. And can I just say, WTF.

I confused myself just reading it. I mean, there were so many things that didn't make sense and that didn't add up.

Not to mention that for some reason I kept randomly swapping writing styles? Like I went from 3rd person to 1st person in a few chapters?¿?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is DON'T FORGET TO READ YOUR WORK.