FIFTEEN

He was gone.

His laughter. His warmth. His everything was gone, and all he left me was memories. 

Daniel is gone.

Never coming back.

Maybe it was for the best.

Maybe it happened for a reason.

Jesse locked her eyes on the unmoving cup of tea served in front of her. Her mother was done mourning, she said she was happy that Daniel didn't have to actually live again - to feel restraint. That Daniel wouldn't be hurting anymore.

That he'll be free of pain somewhere, he'd be somewhere.

No more worries.

But it made Jesse cry more. She needed Daniel. She loved her brother more that herself. She wanted her brother, she wanted to live with her brother. Jesse wanted to see him grow up.

She wanted to see him, growing up - like how she always had. Like how she held him in her arms when he was a baby. How she tried to raise him when their father died.

Jesse stared blankly. 

Trying to still sink in what the hell happened. Daniel was gone. She got that.

But why?

Her silent sobs broke her heart. It was hard to let go.

..................................

Luke looked at Jin, his eyes too were red from crying. It had been three days since the funeral. 

Luke always had the heart for the boy. Danielw as just a sweet little boy, unfortunately - he didn't make it.

The two men looked across each other.

It was Jin's ninth drink for the day - it was only 7 in the morning. He was in the office early - and no, he was not a morning person.

He just had to escape, from her sobs.

From the guilt.

From the pain - pain his other half was feeling.

He took away the time she needed to move on from her breakup from his brother, she took everything from her - even her brother.

And he didn't know how or what to do with her now.

It had only been six months -contract says two years.

But who was he to demand? Her brother died, he failed, the contract is but void.

"Just prepare the divorce papers. Just in case she asks me for it" Jin coldly said.

He didn't like being cold. He didn't like having to lower his voice to sound scary - he just wanted them to fear him, for respect. Respect he earned.

He didn't want to be emotionless, he wanted to show everyone that he too - he was capable of feeling. But he can't. His father taught him not to. His past told him of how bitter life can be, that he has to be on guard - just in case.

He wanted to smile again, to feel his muscles relax - he only felt free during their few trips away, him and Jesse. But those will be gone now. Just memories.

Daniel was gone.

It's been a week

And just like how he felt during his sister's and mother's death - he felt helpless. he can't let go but he had to. This time, he had to let go of a living person - he had to let go of her.

She had nothing else to do with him. Why would she want to stay? It was a contract. 

Jin stood and walked to his room, leaving the staring lawyer inside the conference room. Leaving him alone.

Jin had to be alone.

Lighting his cigarette, he looked outside the building. He had his share - the company. Where was hers? Dead. Six feet under earth.

There was a tight contraction of his heart - he never even had time to bond with the boy. Maybe it was best that way. He wouldn't have to let go of so much...

He didn't know what he was feeling.

he wanted to throw up. He wanted to cry - yes, he wanted, for the first time - he wante to cry.

Why.

Why are they leaving him? She still hadn't demanded for devorce papers - she was still mourning- but he knows she will, eventually.

Why are the people he grows fond of the most...always leaving him?

He had to let go.

He wouldn't admit it though, he liked her prescence. Though it did bother him on how much a little girl like her could change him drastically.

He had moodswings around her.

Yet, for a moment. He can saw, she was hers - even if bound by a contract. He can say he had someone to hold on to.

he just didn't expect it to end to fast.

He gulped, a tear rolling on his cheeks as he puffed another smoke.

No, the drink wasn't strong enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesse looked over at Jin's absent mind. She had been watching him - staring at the wind. Unlikely of how he had always been, he had always been busy - wasn't he?

He leaves the house early and comes back early.

She knew he thinks as if she needs him - she does. still.

When he was around though, she just can't stop thinking of Ash. How Ash won her over because of her brother, Daniel.

She just wanted to wash him away.

She need not remember.

But he was there to remind her. Of all the heartbreaks.

And yet she couldn't bring herself to hate Jin. He was simply broken too.

She tried not to cry when he was around - even in the funeral. She wanted to cry when he was out. Jesse just thought he mind feel guilt..but he had done nothing wrong - actually.

And so, on their bed, as Jin watch the unchanging ceiling, she snuggled close to him

And burried her face in his chest, dragging his limp arms around him.

Crying.

She needed him to comfort him - just like how he did during the operation.

She didn't want to change that.

She just needed him.

And without talking, Jesse hoped and prayed he'd understand what she wanted.

And his hold tightens as her sobs continue.

"I'm here." He reminded her. He reminded her, just like what he said during their first conversations...

She won't pretend when she's with him.

And he's there.

And she just wouldn't want to let go.

She wanted to be selfish.

Even if he doesn't ask it now. He might want to separate from her - he has the company anyway.

But he will ask her for it - and her heart breaks to many more pieces.

But hoepfully - not yet.

Not yet.

And they stayed like that for more than they could remember.