| chapter three |

' love is never easy; it must be fought for '

THE FATHER AND DAUGHTER CONTINUED CONVERSING about their unforgettable memories

THE FATHER AND DAUGHTER CONTINUED CONVERSING about their unforgettable memories. Laughter and smiles were shared as they continued to remember the stupidest things they used to do when Hailey was little. The two were close, closer than Hailey with her mum. Hailey had more memories she loved with her father than with her mother.

What felt like two minutes was actually a whole half an hour until the two finally reached the Cullen's house. Hailey got out along with Charlie, both going to meet Bella and her husband's family. The two walked onto the wooden porch, and Charlie rang the doorbell.

A pixie-haired vampire grinned from inside the house and quickly rushed down to answer the door, already knowing who it was. Opening it, the black haired vampire smiled at the two.

"Hi, I'm Alice."  The pixie-like girl introduced, holding out her hand for Hailey to shake. The brunette shook it, smiling at her before the pixie moved out of the way so the two could enter. They followed Alice up the stairs and into the living room where everybody sat.

Hailey's eyes scanned the people in the room until they locked eyes with a blonde girl whose gaze sent a shiver down Hailey's back along with the guy that sat next to her. Hailey shook it off and locked gazes with her younger sister, who grinned at her.

"Baby sis." Hailey smiled, hugging her sister. The brunette hasn't seen her sister for a long, long time. With work and everything, she didn't have time. Unfortunately for Hailey, she had to miss her little sister's wedding because an emergency came up with work.

Even though it did hurt her, it was an emergency, and she knew that she would make it up to Bella. Plus, it wasn't like the brunette missed her that much. Bella was too focused on Edward to care that much and Hailey was okay with that. She understood what it was like to be totally in love and she couldn't wait for the day she could marry her boyfriend.

"Lee Lee." Hailey grinned at her old nickname.

"You remember!" She exclaimed, happily. Her body was fueled by joy and caffeine. Bella nodded, and the two hugged again before they broke apart, and Bella awkwardly hugged their dad. Hailey rolled her eyes.

"Awkward much." She coughed, and the Cullen's laughed. Hailey's eyes widened as she recognised a familiar laugh. "Jakey!" She yelled, her eyes lighting up as she glanced at her childhood best friend. The two hugged and laughed as they finally saw each other after a very long time.

"Hails."

"My God." Hailey laughed. "It's been how long? Five years?" The shape-shifter nodded, grinning. "Last time I saw you, you were much shorter and scrawny. Now look at you; you're a freakin giant." Jacob laughed at his best friend, throwing an arm around her shoulder as he brought her closer, finding comfort in her familiar embrace.

"And you, you've grown taller and not to mention you're famous now." Hailey laughed, blushing slightly.

"You're famous?" Bella asked her sister who nodded, wearing a proud smile.

"Yup." She grinned, flashing her pearly white teeth. "I'm a Victoria Secret model," Hailey stated proudly. The Cullens glanced at the girl in surprise and awe.

"Wow. That's so cool!"