| chapter ten |

' self love is not selfish '

ONCE JACOB CALLED, the couple made their way to the beach in La Push

ONCE JACOB CALLED, the couple made their way to the beach in La Push. They were ready and were singing in the car, Xavier's hand resting on Hailey's thigh as he drove to the beach.

They sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company as they basked in love and peace. The silence caressed their skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing their souls, taking away their jagged edges.

"We are here," Xavier stated as he parked the car, Hailey grinning as she stepped out of the car as the wind caressed her cheek as it passed by, the smell of the sea filling her nostrils.

"Come on!" She grinned, grabbing Xavier's arm and dragging to the beach, his other hand carrying the bag full of towels, sunscreen and everything else.

"Embry!" Xavier yelled as he saw his best friend along with the others. The couple grinned and walked over to the boys, who returned the grin.

"Hi, Hails! Xavier!" Embry hugged the girl before doing a handshake with Xavier. Hailey giggled before hugging the rest of the guys.

"You look sexy." Paul complimented as he gazed at her outfit, the see-through shirt barely covering anything.

"Thanks." Hailey laughed along with the rest once they heard a growl from Xavier, who pulled her closer to his chest.

"Mine." He snarled a Paul, the shapeshifter raising his hand in surrender.

"Just joking, mate." Paul chuckled, and Jacob intervened, pushing Paul back.

"He's just trying to annoy you. Come on; let's go play Volleyball." The guys grinned as they walked over to the court and Xavier and Hailey elected themselves captains.

"Someone has to sit out." Embry interrupted, realising that there was an odd number.

"I'll sit this out." Quill nodded at his friend before sitting on the bench that was by the court.

"Ladies go first." Xavier winked and allowed Hailey to choose her first member

"Okay. I choose Jake,"

"And I choose Embry."

"Paul."

"And that leaves me with Jared."

After sorting out their teams, which was only two extra members, the couple and their teammates got ready.

"Losers have to buy the winners ice cream." Everyone nodded and began to play, Paul serving the ball.

" Everyone nodded and began to play, Paul serving the ball