| chapter eighteen |

' they loved her more than
the oxygen in the air '

AND FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE, Hailey Swan was at a loss for words, her minds running with thoughts but it was like the ability to form words had disappeared

"I-I don't know what to say." She mumbled, eyes wide.

"Then don't say anything." Emmett grabbed her hand, pushing Hailey down from her shoulders and crawling on top of her. "Let us show you how we feel."

Emmett held her gently, cupping her face with one hand. He leaned down and softly kissed the tender area at the base of her neck. Hailey's body went rigid with surprise as trembles shook her body and the euphoric warmth blossomed within her once more.

Hailey was breathless with delight as he showered her with gentle, soft kisses, each with its own flicker of warmth. Hailey gazed up at him, thrilled beyond words to be the recipient of his affection. He drew back again and spent a moment studying her face.

Hailey felt her blush deepen under his scrutiny. Emmett gazed at her lovingly, his eyes softening with tenderness before sparking with something else.

Soon Rosalie came over, pushing Emmett aside and crawling on top of the breathless human in the love-filled room. The blonde tilted Hailey's head to the side and kissed her, her lips demanding. Hailey felt a smouldering heat deep within her as Rosalie's grip tightened, crushing her body to hers, gentle yet firm. She slanted her head further, deepening the kiss.

She kissed her, and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. Her hand rested below her ear, the blonde's thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. Hailey ran her fingers down her spine, pulling Rosalie closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of her heart against the blonde's chest.

Unexpectedly, Rosalie's hand drifted to her hip. It settled there and pulled her closer. Hailey inhaled sharply. She was against her cold chest, chiselled to perfection. Must she be so perfect?

Hailey splayed her hand against it, intending to push her away, but instead, she left it there. Her unneeded breathing quickened as did Hailey's. She began nuzzling her neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. Hailey urged herself to push away, but couldn't; her body began to tremble uncontrollably.

Rosalie's head was angled slightly to the side as her lips came closer and closer to the brunette. She was surprised to find her own lips parted. Their breaths mingled. Her heart fluttered inside her chest. At first, it was a delicate butterfly of a kiss. Then her arms encircled her. She drew her to herself so that they were stuck together.

A blanket was placed upon them as another pair of cold arms wrapped around their cuddled bodies, Emmett's arms giving them a feeling of protection.

The three mates cuddled, Hailey in the middle as the two vampires watched their mate fall into a deep, peaceful sleep, one of the nicest ones the human has had since her first love died.

And this, ladies and gentlemen,
is just the start of their love story.

Two vampires and a human.