| chapter fifteen |

' their love had more light than a star '

"XAVIER!" A scream tore through the silent night at the Cullen's house, all the vampires cringing as the cry intensified in sound thanks to their sensitive hearing

"Mummy?" Renesmee called as she sat on the couch, the moon finally rising.

"Yes, darling?"

"Why is Aunt Hailey sad?" Bella sighed, knowing that her daughter was going to have a hard time accepting the fact that one of her uncles passed.

"Come here." The hybrid walked over to her mother, sitting down in her lap as curious brown eyes gazed into sad golden eyes. "You're uncle Xavier just recently passed." Renesmee felt her heartbreak as her eyes began to water.

"Is that why Aunt Hailey screams his name every night?" The hybrid asked, a tear running down her face. Bella nodded, sighing with sadness. Renesmee nodded in understand and got off her mum's lap, speeding up the stairs and standing in front of a dark coloured door.

The room belonged to Rosalie and Emmett, their mate staying with the Cullen's because Charlie was off on holiday with Sue, the two happily dating.

"Aunt Hailey?" Renesmee knocked on the door, opening it gently to see her aunt in bed, clutching at a pillow. The hybrid felt her heartbreak as she saw her strong and happy aunt so vulnerable.

Renesmee walked inside, closing the door behind her before crawling under the covers, wrapping her arms around her aunt to provide some comfort to the human.

"It's going to be okay, Aunt Hailey. He's in a happy place now with his mum and other loved ones." Renesmee reassured her, her fingers running through Hailey's brown luscious hair.

"I know, I just can't believe he's gone." She whispered, her fingers clutching at the hybrid's loose shirt.

"He's not gone, silly." Renesmee laughed, her watery eyes filled with sadness and love. "He's right here." She placed her index finger on Hailey's chest, right where her heart would be. Hailey smiled through her tears, kissing the hybrids hair as they cuddled.

"You're so precious, Renesmee. Very, very precious."