Chapter 10-Revealed

Wally's POV

When he heard Batman call the team into the infirmary to see Dick, Wally sped through the open door, way ahead of the team. Looking towards Robin's bed, he saw the boy wonder propped up but mountains of white white pillows, his right knee slightly bent. Oh Dick. You were trying to get out of bed, weren't you. Wally thought, scoffing quietly.

"Hey Rob!" Wally said, smiling at his bedridden friend as the rest of the team entered the room.

"Robin!" They all shouted, wrapping him in hugs.

Dick grinned, overjoyed to be with his teammates again, although Wally could feel the young boy wince slightly. Motioning for the team to pull back, he turned to Robin. 

"Its good to have you back," the speedster admitted, trying not to let any pity in his voice as he spoke to his best friend, for the young detective would notice immediately. 

"Its good to be back." Robin replied, staring happily back at his team through darkened shades.

"Y-you know Robin, this, er, may be a bad time to bring it up, but we have trusted you and all of this team with our secret ID's, yet you still wear those sunglasses!" Artemis reasoned, staring expectantly at the rest of her teammates for some backup. 

"Artemis! This is a bad time!" Wally hissed, knowing how important Dick's secret identity was to him and Batman.

"No, it's okay. I agree," Robin replied easily, leaving his team wide-eyed.

"Y-you do?" Wally stuttered in surprise, glancing between the bat and his protégé, who seemed to be having some sort of silence conversation. 

"Robin..." Batman warned, his eyes flared.

"Just let me do this!" Robin pleaded, then, turning to the team, he said, "after all that we've been through together, I agree. You have a right to know, although it may be more surprising to some of you that it may seem."

Intrigued, the team watching intently and their injured teammate reached up, trying to ignore the stinging pain in his abdomen, and pulled off his sunglasses to reveal a young boy with startlingly brilliant blue eyes.

"Y-you're Dick Grayson! You go to Gotham Academy with me! It was you who took a selfie with me on my first day!" Artemis stuttered, clearly shocked and utterly dumbfounded.

"We'll laugh about this someday!" Dick quoted, grinning.

The rest of the team, was obviously appalled, mostly because of how young their bird looked without a mask. They all knew that Robin was only 13, but he never acted his age. Lying in the hospital bed, white linens draped over his fragile body, he looked small and helpless, a peddle in a sea of boulders. 

Trying to ignore how young Robin's true identity made him seem, the team hung out at his bedside for what felt like hours, playing games ad laughing, trying to make for lost time. After a while, Wally could tell that Dick was tiring, and as if on cue, Batman walked in and sternly told them that their visit was over. 

On his way out the door, Wally turned and waved to Dick, opening his mouth to say goodbye, but he saw that the boy wonder was hanging his head, staring defeatedly at his broken and bandaged body. Did he not have fun today? Did we say something wrong? Wally thought sadly as he left the infirmary.

Why won't you tell us what's wrong?