Chapter 16-Leaving

Ahahah I had to put in that picture it always makes me laugh^

Wally's POV

"I'm going back to the batcave to recover. I-It's only temporary Wally- the cave just... isn't home."

Those were Dick's exact words, although he had made it sound like it hadn't really been his decision. But Wally had known the boy wonder for as long as he could remember, and he was one of the few who could actually tell when Dick was hiding something. But why would he want to leave?

Wally waited patiently for the team to say their goodbyes, moving closer to him as they filed out. 

"Rob, why don't you stay here? The team may not feel like family, but we'll always be there for you. Plus, you can watch our training sessions and hang out after missions and-" Wally reasoned, but was almost immediately interrupted by Robin.

"No Wally. I-I can't. Watching you all... it's all a constant reminder of what I can't do. How-" he paused, taking a slow breath. "how vulnerable I really am." Dick admitted quietly.

The speedster didn't know what to say. He knew Dick constantly pushed himself to work twice as hard to keep up with the rest of the team, although he would never admit his insecurities. Being the youngest on the team as well as his lack of supernatural abilities, Dick endured perpetual doubt from himself to work harder, which worried Wally. He'd never expected Dick to leave at a time like this though. The team supported him and that was what he needed now. Right?

Wally was jarred back to the present by the sudden creaking of a door as it swung open and the dark night entered.

"Dick, it's time to go." He growled, nodding curtly at Kid Flash, as if to politely acknowledge that he was there but nothing more. 

"Okay," the young hero replied simply, flashing a curt smile at his best friend. "Bye Wally. I'll see you soon I guess."

All Wally could get out was a small nod, watching as Dick put his arm tentatively around Bruce's shoulder as the vigilante slowly helped the injured boy off the couch, pausing as Robin grasped his chest and groaned softly. Bruce lifted the boy's slim frame into his strong arms and and walked toward the zeta tubes, disappearing an a brilliant flash of bright blue light, the automated computer voice announcing their exit.

Recognized: Batman, 0-2

Recognized: Robin, B-0-1

Gazing back at the solemn faces of the team as they huddled together in the kitchen, speaking in hushed tones, Wally told himself that this was all for the best. If this was what Dick needed then so be it. But in the back of his mind, a nagging doubt had begun to form. 

Why?

More updates to come in the next day or two! I also wanted to say thanks to all the people who stayed with my book as I'm transferring it. As many of you know, the account I used to have this book on was on a device that didn't work very well anymore and I couldn't log into that account anywhere else so I had to rewrite my book on this account. I know its been a while but I'm going to be a lot more active over the next week. It means a lot that you guys kept reading and I was hesitant to transfer my book in case I lost a lot of readers, so thank you so much to those who stayed!! Love you guys <3 (also thanks to lose of you who read all that haha)

-F