CINDER: Character Overview

Christina Stark aka Elemental: The adoptive daughter of Tony Stark and a former member of the Avengers who has mysterious origins. She has two sets of powers: the powers she was gifted with when she was born (telepathic powers, healing based and chrono vision based abilities). Unlike the other CINDER members who are between 15-18 years of age, she is around 24 years of age, acting like a mentor and older sibling to the younger members of CINDER, guiding them down the right path while experiencing what CINDER has to offer alongside them (and acting as their caretaker which has been proven to be difficult). But despite being Tony's daughter, she has clashing opinions with her father and has been rather distant as she had been disowned by him and refuses to talk about him or her part in the Avengers as she wants to focus on CINDER and helping the team with training and schoolwork and put the past behind her.

Peter Parker aka Spider-Man: The shy and awkward second-in-command of CINDER and Christina's right-hand man. He tries to balance his superhero duties with his school studies and finds a second family in the CINDER team, and despite his inexperience and young age, he teaches the newer members of CINDER how to utilise various scientific inventions he had made for them in case their powers don't work. He gets along well with the rest of the members of CINDER as they're teenagers like himself and that experiencing adolescence and the superhero life may not be as easy as it looks.

Alessandra Lyubitshka-Serban aka Foxfire: The snarky mechanic who acts as the inventor of the team alongside Peter. Unlike the others, Alessa doesn't have any amazing powers but wears wrist gauntlets that grant her super strength and the ability to electrocute enemies and also uses her gifted intelligence to make up for her lack of 'magical powers', as she would put it. Known for her feisty nature and tendency to isolate herself when in moments of distress, Alessa, to other people seems to be having a crisis about her identity and how she fits into CINDER because she isn't a magically charged being, but in reality she doesn't really mind that she doesn't have any magical powers like the others and wants to contribute as much as she could to CINDER.

Joshua Lyubitshka-Serban aka Phantom: The reserved and stoic bookworm who assumes the role of the Medic, having extensive medical knowledge despite being so young, and like his sister, is a very talented and highly intelligent individual. Due to exposure to demonic magic and forced ingestion of demon blood, Joshua has gained the ability to transform into and manipulate shadows, and to also shape-shift into other human beings (although using his powers drains him of energy). Joshua's stoic nature stems from the fact he showed no interest for the outside world and the people around him (except for his family) as nothing really interesting happened to him before his powers manifested.

Kyle Zheng aka Psionic: The resident hothead who has psychic powers (and can barely control them because of his mood swings and unstable emotions) which developed due to the emotional and psychological torment he experienced as a child under his father's abuse. He is one of the more distant members of CINDER and believes he is a living monstrosity as he has no control over his powers and worries that if he even shows a sort of attachment to anyone in CINDER, he'll freak out and kill them. Although he is a hotheaded, cocky and rebellious teen, he has a gentle, caring and dutiful side to him (though he spends way too much time panicking about the possibility of anyone in his team dying by his hand) and tries to help his teammates whenever given the opportunity -- in battle and with personal matters.

Sagittarius Velez aka Miss America: A mysterious, observant and bright member of CINDER, Sagittarius fits right into the team's strange assemble of 'teen misfits who also have strange powers' as she comes from a typical and uninteresting family, from her point of view. She has enhanced strength, speed and the power of flight, and has the ability to create inter-dimensional portals at will (although this drains her of energy if she uses this ability too often). Although Sagittarius has a little bit of difficulty fitting into CINDER due to her personal struggles as she and her family have been moving around constantly and unable to settle down and due to the unexpected emergence of her powers, she is glad that she has been granted the opportunity to help those in need with a team of superheroes who are also her gang of friends.

Marlene Yuniadi aka Stardust: Bubbly and full of energy and resident food...enthusiast, Marlene brings life to the CINDER team when they're down in the dumps and needing some cheering up. But what Marlene didn't expect to bring her day down was exposure to stellar energy and having her entire body resemble the night sky as a side-effect (which upsets her as this prevents her from going out in public as a regular teenage girl), which really screwed the rest of her life up, probably. Her energetic (and sometimes, childish) nature sometimes unnerves the team when they're on patrol or on missions, and out of respect, she tries to take a more serious approach to serious matters, showing an unexpected mature side. But nonetheless, she always finds a way to brighten up their day.