Chapter 2

*PICTURE OF GREGORY TO THE SIDE (: *

Melody

"I can't believe you put Shannon on the spot like that Mel," Kat said over the phone. We all left the Cafe a few hours ago, and I just knew she was going to be the first one to call me about the bet. I love that girl, but she acts like my mother sometimes. And trust me, I don't need another one.

"Why can't you? Its only fun, unlike your uptight ass," I told her. Kat faked a gasp.

"Fuck you trick," she responded.

"Strictly dick on this end." We both burst out into laughter because I haven't said that since college.

"Whatever." We talked for a little while longer before I heard sirens on her end.

"Girl where the fuck you at?" I asked, sitting up in my bed. 

"I'm by Larry house to pick up my baby," she started. There was a little silence before she started speaking again, "I got to go though. Police out everywhere, and I'm not tryna get caught on this phone."

"Alright girl, call me later. And tell Junior that his TeeTee Mel said hi," I told her. Junior is Kat's three year son. She had gotten pregnant during her senior year of college, but that didn't stop her from walking - well wobbling - on stage. Hours after her graduation, she went into labor with her handsome baby boy. Obviously, Junior's father Larry is in his life, but he and Kat aren't together anymore. 

"Bye."

I tossed my phone on the other side of my bed, and decided to go fix breakfast for dinner. Hopping out of the bed with only my bra and panties on, I skipped merrily to the kitchen. When I'm home, I always walk around with nothing but intimate clothing on. I have nothing to be ashamed of, so why not flaunt my little perfect body. 

I pulled out a carton of eggs, sausages, pancakes from the freezer, and my favorite butter biscuits. I started with the sausages first, by putting a few in the oven. These always took about twenty minutes, so I rambled in my purse until I found Greg's card. I didn't want to seem thirsty, but I did want to win this bet, plus I wanted to hear his voice too. After debating it in my head, I finally got the courage to call. It rung a few times, before I heard his sexy, deep voice.

"Hey Greg, it's Melody from the cafe...."

Shannon

So so so stupid. I can't believe I actually agreed to this bet! I have a lot of confidence in myself and in my abilities, but we shouldn't be putting our heart on the line like that. Yea, I've led guys on just to fuck em and dump em, but I just have this eerie feeling that one of us is bound to get hurt, and I feel like its going to be me.

But I can't back out now, we've already started and that was one of our rules: Once the bet has began, nobody backs out.

At the time, it felt like a good rule, because it was better and more fun that way. But since I'm in this little bet, I HATE that rule right now.

After I found Greg's card, I had to call him. I'm flattered that he wanted me to call him, but he pulled a bitch ass move.

"Are you shy or something?" I asked after five minutes of being on the phone with him.

"Not at all. Why you ask?" he asked with a low voice.

"You didn't hand me your card like you did to my friend Melody."

"I thought it would have been rude to give two friends my card so we can have lunch. Speaking of lunch, would you like to go grab something to eat now? I'm free," he told me. Hell no, I'm not about to be that thirsty, but I did want to win.