Part Six

When I'm Christmas shopping a thought comes over me, what about Sherlock?, I make the decision to get him a pair of pyjamas, too. Opening one present, pyjamas, on Christmas Eve is a tradition that goes back many, many years. The family, or in my case, person, who hosts Christmas that year is supposed to get them. Hmmm.... Matthew and Jill have Louise, Martin, and Andrew. So...five, plus George and Marie with Edith, Anne, Michael, and Rudy. Oh! Don't forget that Marie's pregnant. Then there's also Henry and Lynn with the twins, Ginny and Liam. That's 15 people plus Sherlock and myself. Hopefully I'm not forgetim anyone. I finish shopping and go home.

                    Two Weeks Later

      Oh, they'll be here any minute! We've decided not to disguise Sherlock, he didn't want to color his hair and that's about all we could've done. My oldest brother, Matthew, and his wife, Jill, should be here soon with all of their children. I haven't seen anybody for at least 7 months. A car pulls up and Matthew steps out. I run and tackle him into a hug as Jill helps the children out. "How are you?" I ask.

"Good, how are you?"

"Great! Matthew, Jill, this is Sh-William." I hope I caught myself in time.

"How are you, William?" Jill asks. Matthew is looking him up and down.

I whisper to Matthew "Don't be so overprotective! He's very sweet when you get to know him." Which is the exact opposite of the truth, once you get to know him he's horrible, well, not that bad, but... We go inside and wait for George and Marie. I put on the telly for the kids. "That's Louise, she's 9." I say pointing to the oldest of the children. "Then that's Martin, he's 7 and next to him is Andrew who's 5."

"Hmmm...." He says merely noding.

"You know, if you want my brothers to like you, which you will, you'll have to act more interested."

"Family gatherings aren't usually my area."

"Also"

"Yes?"

"No deductions." I've had to put up with Sherlock making deductions all the time and I've had to yell at him several times to stop. "If you must make one and tell someone, whisper it to me. Ok?"

"Ok..."