Part 10

When I'm boiling the spaghetti Sherlock comes behind me and grabs me turning me around and pulling me close to him. I'm so shocked I'm almost frightened and I start to breathe fast. In a quick motion he moves his head closer and starts to kiss me. I start to pull away, but then I start to kiss back. We break apart to breathe and as soon as we've gotten enough air, I move closer for more, but Sherlock quickly walks out of the flat without saying a word. I stand there for a few minutes just thinking until the over boiling of the spaghetti brings me back. I eat my dinner when it's ready and then go to my room where I lay down on my bed and cry. I don't know why I'm crying, I just am. I cry and cry until I fall asleep.

When I wake up in the morning I have a pounding headache and realize that I'm late for work. I rush to get ready, skipping a shower and leave. It's a nice day so I decide to walk. On the way there I kept thinking about Sherlock. He hadn't come home last night or if he had, he wasn't there this morning. When I get to Bart's something seems a bit odd, but then I haven't been there in almost 3 weeks. I'm on my way up to the mortuary when I'm stopped by two men- Mike Stamford and a man I don't know. "Doctor Hooper we're sorry to inform you that you have been fired." Mike says as the men pull me into a room. "What? Why?" I squeak. The man I don't know replies "You have been under investigation for giving a man- Sherlock Holmes- body parts.". "Wha- where would you get a silly idea like that?" I say trying to make it seem like a lie. "We received a tip by a Richard Brook.". "Look, Molly I'm really sorry. We're trying to help- we've decided not to report this to the police.". Mike responds. I can hardly breathe and I have tears pouring down my face. I try to say something, but I can't so I just turn and leave. My friend Mary grabs my arm as I'm running down the hallway. "Not now." I sob and keep running. I run all the way to my flat. I lock the door and go to the bathroom where I lock that door, too.

I lay on the floor and sob for a few minutes when thoughts of when I was younger and I was depressed came back to me. I remembered what I did to cope so I dug around for my first aid kit where I found scissors. I took a deep breath and drug the blade across my wrist, not very deep, almost not deep enough to draw blood (it did draw blood) and and repeated over and over. I slowly started to cut deeper with every cut. I now had a very small pool of blood around me, but it was growing. My head started to throb and I became tired so I laid down on the floor and fell asleep.