In The Room

When he enters a room you can feel the energy change and you know he's there.

It's so easy to spot him it's like your eyes are literally magnetic to him.

You know you really shouldn't stare but you just can't help it.

You can't help but study how he walks. His long strides and his arms in a casual swing, and his face facing forward with purpose. Carefree and confidently moving towards his friends that are cooler than you could ever be. You always wonder how he seems like he always knows what he is doing.

If your friends know about how you feel about him, everyone must be freaking out by now. Or at least one of them would have kindly pointed out the drool starting to dribble down your chin. (JOKES haha)

Then maybe your group quietly whispers embarrassing things to make you blush.

Or maybe they SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME and start talking obnoxiously loud so his group will hear, for sure.

You occasionally glance at him of course. Sometimes they will be subtle looks. Other times you will be super obvious and completely, intensely stare at him and blank out for TOO LONG.

You study how his mouth moves when he talks and you wish you were close enough to hear his voice. Because sometimes his face isn't enough.

But when he throws his head back and laughs loud enough you can hear and there's that refreshing feeling in your chest as you see his face in a full blown grin. His face makes you smile to yourself as you look away and sigh a small, dreamy sigh.

And you allow yourself to just wish you could make him do that.

But at the same time it really doesn't matter because in the end, he's happy.