5. Debut

After the conversation with Jimin, Jeongguk felt a lot better about himself and what he'd chosen to do with his life. He quickly got back into the group's daily routines, and he worked harder than before to make sure he would be ready for debut when the time came. He and Jimin had agreed that since Jeongguk had decided to stay with Bangtan, there was really no need to bring the topic up with the whole group present. It would just be an unnecessary conversation, and the other members might just get hurt that he'd thought about leaving them all. Jimin had assured him that they would understand, that they would also want his happiness more than anything, but they both agreed to let the subject go. It wasn't important anymore. Still, Jeongguk didn't know if Jimin had told the other members without him there, and he didn't really care if he had. The other members treated him the same as before his trip, and they were all working hard on the songs and choreographies for their debut, which was approaching.

Soon it was time to record the music video for No more dream, their debut song. The members had all been given hair cuts, Taehyung's hair was dyed to a lighter brown color, and with new outfits to match the concept of the music video, they got ready to record.

Jeongguk was nervous, as the rest of them, but he was excited too. He rapped in the song, and he and Jimin had a special part in the choreography where he picked his hyung up and carried him as Jimin kicked the other member's backs. They had practiced that part over and over, so Jeongguk wasn't worried. Jimin, however, was. Not about that part, but of another. At the beginning they had all prepared to show their abs in the choreography, but closer to shooting the music video they were told only Jimin would be showing his abs. As the other members took a sigh of relief, Jimin got even more nervous. He worked out even harder from that point, wanting to make sure he actually had abs to show off. Come shooting day, Jeongguk knew Jimin's abs were no joke, and the music video shooting proceeded smoothly. They had a lot of cameras around, shooting not just the music video, but also behind the scenes footage. The members all had fun, acting tough for the music video, goofing around while on break. Jeongguk was enjoying himself greatly. The set was cool, the song was good, the choreo was not too hard, and soon enough they were finished.
"Great job, everyone, that's a wrap!" the director announced, and everyone applauded.

The music video aired on June 11th in 2013. Two days later was BTS' offical debut day, and they had a packed schedule that day and the next. They practiced, did pre-recordings for their live performances at M! Countdown and Music Bank, took pictures for their fans, and of course there was the actual live performances themselves. Jeongguk was enjoying himself. Aside from a tearful Seokjin after their first performance, everyone was doing well. All the members comforted Jin, who thought he'd not done so well, and he was quickly back to his usual cheerful self. In between performances the members relaxed or practiced individually, all the time being recorded by the ever present camera, there to shoot backround material of their debut. Jeongguk had fun messing around with his hyungs, copying Rap Monster who was practicing his rap, and discreetly teasing Jimin about losing weight. It was all fun and games, and his hyungs didn't get upset with him. BTS finished their debut performances, happy with the results. They were finally out in the music industry.

-----------

The next few months were hectic. They got a music video out for We are bulletproof pt. 2, they practiced, they were active on SNS, getting material out for their fans, who had finally gotten a name - ARMY. Adorable representative M.C. for youth. Jeongguk was excited. They did get some hate and backlash during this time, but with their fans help, and each other's support, they got through the hard stuff, and managed to win Best New Artist at the Melon Music Awards. None of them were expecting it, and after receiving the award on stage, they ran off stage, screaming out their happiness. They managed to film a couple of short clips for behind the scenes material as they got ready for their performance, and once they got off stage again, they filmed a longer clip, with all of them. They thanked their fans, goofed around a bit, and the video ended with Jeongguk and Jimin dancing around happily with each other.

****************

A/N: A bit of a filler chapter, yes, but I just wanted their debut in there. I don't think I will describe their years as much in the future, timelines and everything make it hard. I also know dates and stuff may be off, if you know better, please correct me nicely:)