6. The most caring

Jeongguk had known from the beginning that Jimin-hyung was a caring and affectionate person.
The years after their first meeting only confirmed what was made clear the very first day. All the members were close with one another, but Jimin and Taehyung were the cuddliest of the lot. But there was a difference. Where Taehyung found a cuddle buddy in any of the members at any given time, Jimin's hugs meant more. It was as if Taehyung sought cuddles just as much for himself as for others. Jeongguk felt as if Jimin on the other hand rarely hugged anyone for himself - it rather felt like he gave his hugs because he wanted the others to be happy, and know he cared. Jeongguk really liked this quality in his hyung, he always put others before himself, but Jeongguk could tell Jimin needed just as much comfort and assurance as the rest of them. And he got it. Just sadly not from Jeongguk who, despite having known his hyungs for years even before debut, was still having trouble showing them he cared.

Jeongguk didn't know when he started doing it. Around the time of their debut, once cameras started being around more, Jeongguk's shy side started appearing frequently. And always at the same moments. Jeongguk couldn't answer his own questions, not to mention his hyungs', about why he constantly pushed Jimin away. Jimin was just being his normal self, albeit more obviously clingy in front of cameras, but Jeongguk couldn't accept his advances in front of the cameras. He was confused himself. Okay, it wasn't as if Jimin ever tried to kiss him off camera, but that didn't mean Jeongguk had to be so forceful when he pushed Jimin away from him. Jeongguk knew Jimin was just messing around, showing off for the fans. Trying to kiss him wasn't all Jimin did either. At interviews, Jimin could say how much he liked the maknae, that he was in his heart, that Jeongguk had a sweet side only shown to members. Jeongguk always got flustered, but he tried not to let it show too much. Meanwhile he continued to tease his hyungs, especially Jimin. Sometimes his jokes received laughter, while other times one or another of his hyungs captured him in a headlock, mumbling "This brat," fondly.
Jeongguk was happy that his hyungs didn't seem to take his jokes seriously, but sometimes he wondered if he took things too far.

Jimin was, of course, the hyung he teased the most. Most times it didn't seem to become the older, but other times Jeongguk could have sworn he saw hurt in Jimin's eyes before he started laughing. Whenever that happened, Jeongguk would back off for a while with his teasing, and try to do something nice for the older boy. He wasn't sure if Jimin noticed, but it was all he could think of to do, since he struggled with what to say so much.

Despite Jeongguk's cold behavior in front of cameras, Jimin persisted, chasing Jeongguk around, telling interviewers he wanted to go on a trip alone with Jeongguk, telling the camera that if he got a day off he'd spend it with Jeongguk. Jeongguk always joked it off, pushing Jimin away, which always made the other members shake their heads at the duo's antics. Jeongguk didn't seem to be able to stop himself from behaving as he was. His favorite thing to tease his hyung about was his height. Jeongguk had grown, and could now look down at his small hyung. He'd also started dropping the hyung at times, teasingly, which Jimin almost let him get away with without complaining. And, of course, there was the ranking in looks. Jeongguk had, more than once, ranked Jimin last in looks among the members. It may sound mean, but Jeongguk didn't honestly mean it, it was all for fun. And Jimin didn't appear to be hurt by it, just laughing it off at interviews where it was mentioned. If someone directly asked him, he would assure that he didn't find Jimin ugly at all. He wasn't that heartless.

2014 was just as hectic as 2013. BTS released new music, practiced new choreographies, appeared on variety shows, performed on music programs, did radio interviews, and constantly provided their fans with new content such as pictures and Bangtan bombs. They also had time to visit some new countries, such as Sweden and Germany. Jeongguk's wish to return to America also came true. They recorded American hustle life, a show which began with them being 'kidnapped' in their van as soon as they came to the States. Other than that they didn't experience anything too bad, and Jimin made a new friend in the rapper Tony. Jeongguk almost grew jealous of how much attention Jimin was giving Tony, saying his name, gripping his arm, fetching him milk, telling him he loved him - jokingly though it may be. But Jeongguk didn't put much thought into it, at the end of the day, he was Jimin's favorite dongsaeng, and Tony would stay in the States as BTS returned to Korea.

A/N: Hope you liked the chappie. Constructive criticism is always welcome :)