role of aladdin (disappointed)

okay this isn't bollywood but it does have to deal with south Asians/Desi so let's all sit down and discuss our feelings about Twitter and it's blowing up "madness" for Avan Jogia to portray Aladdin.

( that's all that I screenshotted because I actually feel sick to my stomach to have such unresearched opinions in my gallery)

If you say Zayn Malik, Avan Jogia or Riz Ahmed should play Aladdin, you're a hypocrite.

If you say Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone or any other brown actresses who work in Bollywood should take the role of Jasmine, you're a hypocrite.

So here I will be answering some of the defensive "reasoning," that everyone is trying to use as a valid reason, when honestly they sound pretty racist and downright dumb.

Q: AVAN JOGIA SHOULD BE ALADDIN!1!!1!1 HE LOOKS LIKE ALADDIN!!!! AND CAN ACT, SING AND DANCE SO WHY NOT!!??

I think you just defined the term 'hypocrite'. You're completely ignoring the diverse region of West Asia/Middle East and it's people. So I guess God himself made them talentless and only brown people can play the role of a movie that was never based on their region.

Q: ALADDIN HAS SO MANY INDIAN FEATURES!!! THEY SCREWED IT UP SO HE CAN PLAY IT!!!!

Um, just because Disney has it's fault in research to make "Aladdin," doesn't completely throw out the fact that Jasmine/Aladdin are an ARABIAN tale.

Q: OH SO WHAT!? THEY LOOK SIMILAR SO WHY SHOULD RACE MATTER???

Race shouldn't have mattered in the first place if it weren't for the disrespectful land of America. If you gave proper roles to proper and fair PEOPLE in the first place, we wouldn't have been so bitter.

Great so just because they look "similar" in your "I've never seen the true difference in two completely different regions of Asia's" eyes DOES NOT MEAN it should erase the whole plot.

If you say they look "alike," just like how you say you can't tell the difference between the Chinese or Japanese. That's actually pretty racist.

You just don't realize it.

Looks are diverse. Features don't belong to one portion of the world.

Q: IT WAS BASED ON ARABIAN NIGHTS WHICH HAS SOUTH ASIAN AND MIDDLE EASTERN STORIES.

And yet they called the entire Jasmine/Aladdin "Arabian."

That WOULD be cool but combining cultures together to pass it off as one?
Pretty biased and wrong.

Q: ISNT IT BETTER THAN A WHITE ACTOR PLAYING ALADDIN??