Chapter 19: Next time it rains/blue knees

"Breakfast was great Anna thank you. We haven't had a home cooked meal in two years." Sade says and everyone gets quiet.

Anna clears her throat after a while. "Uh no problem sweety." She says with a small smile. "Finally someone appreciates my cooking around here."

"Hun you know we love your cooking." Axel says while wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek.

"Mom can Sadie and Haydn stay here for the weekend?" Dom's little brother asks.

"Umm I'm pretty sure our mom wants us home." I quickly say. "I'm sure she's worried sick about us. I didn't tell her we weren't coming home last night."

"Yeah bud they gotta go home maybe they can hang out tomorrow right hadyn?" Dom asks more like hinting that I have no choice but to come back tomorrow.

I roll my eyes and nod. "We had fun being here though. Thanks for having us." I smile and start to get our stuff ready to go home.

"You guys are more then welcome to come by anytime." Axel says and gives us a hug.

---------------------------

"Hey look mom isn't home." Sade points out.

"Yay. Wanna order pizza and pig out in your room while watching bizardvark?" I ask Sade and she nods while going up to her room to turn it on while I get my phone out to order pizza.

----------------

About 20 minutes later the door bell rings.

"Sadie pause it while I go get the food." I say and head to the front door.

"Hadyn?" I hear and look up from getting the money out of my pocket and see Ryan.

"Ry Ry! You're a delivery boy?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. Wow I know where you live now." Ryan says while trying to look inside of my house.

"Woah let's not get creepy delivery dude." I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Damn you're eyebrows are fleeky." he says tying to touch my eyebrow but I take a step back before he does and smack his hand away.

"Thanks. Now give me my pizza."

"Right, sorry. You owe me $10." He says handing me the pizza.

"You mean YOU owe $10." I say with a smirk and then close the door in his face.

"Hey!" I laugh and head back up to sade's room.

"What took you so long I'm starving over here." Sade says while eating popcorn.

"Where did you get popcorn from?" I ask confused. "How can you be starving when you're eating popcorn.

"I got some when you were talking to the delivery boy." She says rolling her eyes at me.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young lady. Only I get to roll my eyes."

"Whatever just hand me a slice will ya?" She says snapping her fingers at me. Who does she think I am???

I scoff and set the box of pizza in the middle of her bed. "I am not your personal maid or whatever. Get it yourself and quit with the attitude you're 8 not 16."

"You're not my mom." She mumbles. I am flabbergasted.

"I'm sorry but do you want that psycho to damage you?" I ask getting upset.

"I'm already damaged. All the kids say so in my class!" She yells.

"Who cares about what those fucklets say? Everyone is damaged just a little bit." I say and pull her into a hug. "Now stop with the attitude OK? I just want you to have a better child hood than I did."