Chapter 31

A/N: So guys, as this story is kinda coming to its close I just wanna say that I already have an idea for another brustoff! Yeah, I know lmao kill me, I'm not even sure if you guys can put up with me for another story. Anyways, new chapter - enjoy!

__

As Ben and I finally dared to move Ben opened the door of the dungeon we were in and stepped out first rather confidently while my footsteps were much more hesitant as I followed him.

I tried my best not to look at Jake's lifeless body as Ben picked up the gun, that slipped away from Jake's hand just seconds before he collapsed dead onto the floor, but I failed miserably and I ended up staring at the still growing puddle of blood around him.

''Come on.'' Ben comfortingly rubbed my shoulder before sticking the gun to the waistband of his jeans and sliding his hand down my arm to tangle his fingers with mine. ''Come on, we have to go.''

He led me onto the deck of the ship and then let go of my hand as he went for the fence - the rescue boat tied to the fence to be precise. He loosened the ropes letting the small rescue boat slid down towards the sea. 

''What are you doing?'' I asked. 

''Isn't it obvious?'' He threw me a glance. ''We're leaving. If the pirates find us we're dead. I mean, I just killed their Captain.'' 

Of course. God, I was still in such a trance from the recent event. Ben was maybe free from his oath now, but doesn't mean that the pirates won't try to kill him if he crosses their way. 

I finally snapped myself out of it as I walked towards my boyfriend. ''How are we gonna find The Labyrinth Cruise?'' I asked. 

''I left James and Austin in charge telling them to sail north. All this time Jake was heading towards the UK which means that The Labyrinth Cruise is actually behind us now.'' Ben said. ''They're gonna come towards us not the other way around.'' 

''Wait, what?'' I stared at him in confusion. ''Austin? And James? Together?''

Ben just chuckled. ''It would surprise you how much things have changed on The Labyrinth Cruise since the pirates took you.'' 

''Ha.'' I shook my head pensively. ''And how did you get here?''

''One of the pirates came to get me with a jet ski after I talked with Jake over the phone promising I'm gonna swear that stupid oath to him.'' He answered me. 

''Then why don't we use the jet ski for our escape?'' I asked still trying to process just the fact that Jake was dead let alone everything else. 

''Because it's down in the storage and to get there we have to go through to the room where the pirates usually get together to drink.'' Ben explained. 

''Isn't there any other way? I mean, like on The Labyrinth Cr...''

''Hey, Denis, calm down. We're gonna be fine.'' Ben put his hands to my shoulders and gave me a small smile. ''I know this is, like, a lot to take in, but Jake deserved what was coming for him.''   

''You don't even have to tell me that. I know. That motherfucker deserved far worse. As far as I'm concerned he should've died a slow painful death because that what you did up there was more than too good for him.'' I said not even doubting my words - evil like him should've been stopped sooner or later. ''It's just...'' I sighed. ''I don't even know... Like, what now?'' 

Ben's soft smile tugged into a smirk as his eyes suddenly shined wicked. ''Now? Now we take back what's rightfully ours.'' 

''You mean The Black?'' I asked rhetorically feeling the spark of excitement lighting up my soul as well.