Chapter Five: The Solid Script Sword

Erza's POV

"Is that all, Levy?" I called after evading her Solid Script: Storm.

"There's one more I've been practicing, I don't know of I can cast it though." She returned.

"Try." I replied.

She nodded. All of her magic began to collect in her fingertips, slowly but steadily she wrote out five letters,

S

W

O

R

D

A thin blade dropped into her waiting hand.

The sword looked a bit like a miniature cutlass. The bottom tip of the S jutted out to make the pointy end of the blade and the D was pointing straight out to make the handle.

She smiled even though she was panting from exertion.

"I (pant-pant) did it (pant-pant)."

"Good job, Levy-san!" shouted Wendy.

"Well done." I said, re-quipping into my standard Heart-Krutz armor. "Can you fight with it is the question."

She looked slightly disappointed. "This is the first time I've been able to successfully complete the spell." she sighed. "I have no hope when it comes to hand-to-hand combat."

"This may be your hope." I countered. "Come at me."

"WHAT?! T-there's no way I'll-" she stuttered holding the sword down at her side.

I sighed. "I'll just come at you then!"

"WHAT?!" they yelled in unison.

I came charging at her. "Block, Levy!"

She barely brought it up in time. My blade nicked her shoulder, leaving a half inch cut.

"What the heck Erza!" she shouted. "You don't just come charging at people like that!"

"I have found you're weak points." I declared, sheathing my sword.

"One- Lack of Stamina- the walk into the forrest was proof enough of that."

She blushed.

"Two- Lack of Powerful offensive spells- You only have three, all of which I was able to dispel with one hit."

Her head hung low.

"Three- Serious lack of hand-to-hand combat skills- I was coming at you with half speed, but still managed to nick your shoulder. The sword you created with your Solid Script should be your perfect match. May I?" I asked, gesturing to the sword she still held.

She passed it over to me.

I ran my hands over the blade. "It's remarkably light yet very sturdy. It's length is far too short for me, yet perfect for you." I said. "As I said before, this sword may be your saving grace when it comes to close combat. There's something I want to try, come closer."

She complied, eyeing me warily.

I swung the sword at her head.

She cowered back.

There was no need, the sword stopped about an inch from her head. Even as I pushed with all my might, the sword still didn't move towards her.

I smiled. "Just as I thought. It's even attuned to you."

"Huh?"

"No matter what, this sword will never harm you." I explained. "It's a very good thing."

I gave her back the sword.

"I'll have to teach you swordsmanship skills now." I concluded. "Wendy,"

"Yes?"

"Can you clean up the cut on Levy's shoulder please?"

"Sure thing." She replied.

"I'm going back to the inn. As soon as you patch her up start heading back as well. We'll eat lunch and then return to training." I said as I walked towards the edge of the clearing.

"Hai Erza!" They called.

I paused. "Oh, test her blood too. The last thing I used that sword on was a Snakiphant. (AN: Snake-e-fant) It's only poisonous to certain blood types. So check hers, and run yours too as a control.

"Yes ma'am!"

Once I was out of Wendy's hearing range I let out a whoop that would've made Zeref wet himself.

I had just successfully gotten a sample of Levy's blood. I can soon rid her of the nightmares.

I skipped to the edge of the forrest, giddiness making me feel as though I could float on air.

AN: Yo! I'm happy! Please comment/ vote/ recommend/ don't stop reading/

!(◎_◎;)

Never mind, hehehe! I kinda rambled a bit there. Can you tell it was late when I wrote this? (Me too)

Thanks for Reading,

SolidScript_McGarden