Chapter Four: I Promise.

Chilled's P.O.V

21 Years Old

I stared wide eyed at Ze. A homophobe? How the fuck am I meant to be with him now!? I don't want to hurt him... I started to shake, thought I wasn't sure if it was due to me being cold, or the fact that I felt like utter shit. I wanted to hold Ze's hand, to hold him close, but he backed away from that once, I won't force him. He must be terrified.

"Your dad is... But... No, this can't be... I thought that we were meant to be-"

"Together? We can't be. Not with him around anyway."

Ze looked sadly to the ground. I can't even imagine how this must feel for him, and I can't stand seeing him like this.

"Do you have anywhere that you can stay?"

"No."

"Where is your dad? I'll talk some sense into him." I was starting to get mad. How could his father do this to him? I stopped in my tracks. How could my mother leave me? Why must parents cause such heartbreak for their children? Tears threatened to fall, I haven't thought of her in a long time. Ze held onto my hand and I turned around to look at him.

I looked into his eyes. God, I want to kiss him right now, but that wouldn't be the best idea. Suddenly, I heard voices coming from inside Ze's house. One voice was quiet, the other was loud, yelling. Ze and I looked back at the house. The front door swung open, almost falling off its hinges. Ze's dad stormed out, staring at Ze and I. His attention fell to mine and Ze's hands, both of us still holding each other's. His face turned to utter rage.

He stormed over to us and pushed me harshly aside, and towered over Ze. I wanted to help him, but I was too scared to move. I saw his mother standing in the doorway, also too scared to move.

"Steven." His dad's voice was gruff, deep, and intimidating. "How could you betray me like this, your own father? I'll never forgive you." He slapped Ze square in the face. The sound was like a thunder strike. He turned to me, and I honestly feared for my life.

"You. How dare a faggot like you ruin my son's life? You've destroyed my son, you made him sick. I wish death upon you and your kind."

He walked away towards his car. His mother ran out to Ze.

"I'll try and talk to him. I'm so sorry Stevie, I shouldn't have let you do this."

She got into the car, and then they were gone. To where exactly, we don't know. But they were gone. Ze held onto my hand again and lead me inside. I grabbed my bag on the way in. Upon entering the house, we saw that the entire living room was trashed. I put my bag to the side while Ze locked to door. We walked in, going in different directions to look at the damage done. Ze started picking up books and putting them back on the shelf. I leant down to pick stuff up, to help him, but what I found around me were smashed photo frames. Most had the photos still in them, but one was empty. I went to put the photo frames one the dining table next to me, and I saw a photo on it with a marker next to it.

"Oh no..." Ze couldn't see this...

Ze's P.O.V

19 Years Old

"Oh no..." Chilled was looking at something on the dining table, and the look on his face made me want to see what it was. I quickly put the last book on the bookshelf and went over the where he was, and peering passed his shoulder. On the table next to a stuck of photo frames, which I assume Chilled put there, was a photo of me. Little baby me. On it were words that had been scrawled onto it. Dad must have written these...