Chapter Three: Rainy Nights

Chilled's P.O.V

21 Years Old

I did it. I finally saved up enough money. It took me two long years, but now I can finally afford to go a meet Ze! Sure, we talk online all the time (us Derps are YouTubers now!), but it just isn't the same. I need to see him again, face to face, especially because of... that night...

*Flashback 2 Years Ago*

"You... You love me...? You actually love me back?"

Ze's eyes lit up, the anger quickly subsiding. His cheeks blushed the same hue as his nose, and his mouth turned to a big smile. I smiled back, despite the lurching feelings I was getting in my stomach.

"I do love you, Ze. Really. I had no idea that you felt that way about me. And no, I don't think that you should rot in hell. I mean, I'm honestly really proud that you came out to me, and I'll keep it a secret if you want me to."

Ze gave a small nod, and a thankful smile.

"You're my best friend, and I hate that it took you having a break down before I realised my true feelings for you..."

I let go of his wrist and grabbed his hand. He leaned in slowly, eyes closing. In my panic, I pulled him in quickly for a hug. I know that it's not what he wanted, but I couldn't do it. I'm not ready.

*Flashback End*

Two years ago, I confessed the love I didn't know I felt to my best friend. And now, two years later, I will finish what I started.

I am going to kiss Ze.

Ze's P.O.V

19 Years Old

Yet another night where I cried myself to sleep. I miss him. I need him. For two years I've been depressed and wanting him. Talking to him online everyday just isn't enough for me. I need to see him. I need to be with him.

God Steven, what you need is to get over yourself...

"Steven, sweetie, come down for breakfast." My mother loves cooking. She prides herself on her cooking, and she often throws dinner parties. Her breakfasts are the best, and they do a good job of getting us all full of energy for the day.

I freshened up in the upstairs bathroom before heading down. My dad kissed my mum before heading out the front door for work. I've never really bothered to ask him what he does, but it pays the bills. I sat down at the table while my mum served up bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages and toast. 'A big breakfast for a big boy' she would always say. She served up her own plate before sitting down in front of me. Despite her cheery disposition, I could tell that something was off. She looked at me with sad eyes and a sad smile. She pushed her food around before taking a reluctant bite and it was like there was something big swimming around her mind.

"Hey mum, are you alright? You seem a bit upset about something..."

She smiled a sad smile. "Not upset Stevie, but concerned. About you." She looked up at me, her smile faltering into a frown.

"About... me?" I had lost my appetite. "What about me?"

"I heard you crying again..."

My breath hitched in my throat. I didn't think that she could hear me.

"I'm so worried about you, Stevie. I don't know how to help you. I feel so bad that I made you move here with me, but I could give up this job opportunity. And you'll probably want to move out soon, now that you've finished school. I just don't want to lose my baby, and I don't want you to be alone while you're feeling so sad all the time..."