three

•Josh's POV•

Tyler had just came over to hang out and work on homework. I really hoped Y/n could have came, but she told me last minute she was busy.

Tyler and I were laying on my bedroom floor, our binders and homework papers sprawled out all over the floor. We were both working on math, but Tyler's homework was a bit different since he was in an advanced class.

"Hey, didn't you say Y/n was coming?" Tyler asked as he looked up from his paper.

"She was going to, but she said she was busy," I stated, sighing a bit. "You know her, right?"

"Yeah, she sits behind me in math," he replied, bringing his focus back to his homework.

"She's a great friend of mine. Maybe all of us should hang out over the weekend or something. I really wanna see her. You know, other than seeing her at school."

"Yeah, that'd be fine. Isn't there that carnival in town right now? How about we go tomorrow?" He suggested.

"I'd have to ask," I told him.

"Well, then ask now," he said, and grabbed my phone that was next to him and threw it towards me.

"Okay, okay fine. I'll text her."

Josh: Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the carnival with me and Tyler tomorrow

Y/n: That sounds great! Just let me know what time tomorrow

Josh: Sure

"Okay, she's coming. Happy now?" I asked, putting my phone down and picking my pencil back up to work on my homework.

"Me? Don't you mean you're the happy one now?" He smirked, and rose an eyebrow.

"What, why me?" I asked.

"Come on Josh, I know everything about you. She's pretty, and she's already your friend. You like her," he told me, causing my face to turn a little red.

"That's not true," I contradicted him. "I don't like her."

"Then why is your face red?"

"You're face would be red too if I accused you of liking someone," I stated, and he only stared back at me blankly.

"Try me," he suggested.

"Uh, okay. I know you totally have a thing for that blonde girl... what's her name?" I paused, trying to remember who I was talking about.

"Jenna?"

"Yeah, her. You like her," I stated.

"You're right," he shrugged. "You see, I'm not afraid to admit it to my best friend. You on the other hand, need to accept the fact that you like Y/n."

"You're not gonna give up on this, are you?" I asked.

"Nope. In fact, I'm going to prove it to you," he smiled.

"Sure," I rolled my eyes.

A/n: AhH sorry for taking forever to update. -caitlin