Chapter 4

Dakota~

2week skip*

It's been two weeks since she's been to the treehouse. Now she didn't want to go back. She wanted to go up to Like and yell at him for taking her treehouse but she couldn't. He had every right to use that treehouse since his dad helped out too.

Luckily Michael was there to help her through this. She didn't know how could stand her. She found herself annoying, how does he deal with her all the time. And she got to know Calum a little bit more.

Like the fact that he wasn't asian. He was kiwi. He was really laid back, and he was quite funny. Plus he was really confident and wasn't afraid to ask questions. Like the day right after they met he came to her to ask her some questions. They were all about the rumors he must have heard about her. And she gave him complete honesty. He didn't seem to mind that some of them were true. After that moment she knew that she would be able to count on him.

Michael seemed to really like him too. They talked about music, and video games, like fifa, all the time. It was amazing how great of friends they were so quickly. Plus it was great being able to talk to someone other than Michael.

Today sadly Calum couldn't hang out with them as usual. So Michael and her decided to go to an old music shop named, Little Tunes. It was shop that they had found about a year back when they were just walking around aimlessly. And it was probably the best store you could go to find music.

As they walked there,since it wasn't too far, (nothing was actually too far in their little town) Michael started to slow down. "Hey, why are you being slow?" She asked him as they stopped walking in an empty alley way.

"Oh I guess I was just lost in thought." But she knew something was up with him. He's been a lot more quiet whenever they were alone. Which was weird since he was normal when they hung out with Calum.

"Michael are you sure that's it?" She asked him starting to get a bit more concerned.

"Yeah, don't worry about me, really it's no big deal."

"Michael I've known you for too long to know that you do have something on your mind. Just tell me please."

"Are you sure you want to know?" He asks her looking into her eyes.

"Of cour-" but she was cut off when he kissed her. She was shocked.  She had no idea how to react to that. And Michael must have noticed cause he stopped kissing her and looked at her.

"Shit, I shouldn't have done that." He says as he starts to freak out. "I'm gonna go. I'll see you later Kody." He tells her as he walks away.

"Michale wait-" but he was long gone. Now what. She was left alone in an empty alley. Oh well, she thought may as well just go to Little Tunes since she's already almost  there. She really needed to clear her head before going to talk to Michael too.

When she walked into the store she was greeted by the cashier whom she knew from previous visits. "Hey Dakota! Is it only you today? What happened to Michael?"

"Oh he's just sick today so that's why  came here to buy him some music. Maybe it'll cheer him up a bit." She said, the lie slipping through her mouth easily.

"Oh ok, tell I said hi and that I hope he gets better."

"Sure thing Mark." She told him as she walked to the back of the store.

She was browsing through the shelves looking for some good music when she saw the perfect cd. It was her favorite Blink~182 cd. She was going to grab it when she heard someone behind her say, "oh that cd is mine sorry."