Chapter 14: Finally

"How dare you?!" Your glare towards the trooper intensifies. "Do you know who is standing in front of you?" "I'm sorry. I'm just following orders." You were standing in front of the throne room's doors and the trooper in front of you would not allow you to enter. "And who's orders are those?" You nearly growled at the poor stormtrooper, who took a step back from you, while he stuttered out the name of the ginger general. Narrowing your eyes, you turned on your heels and marched down the corridor. How dare that ginger rat stop you from entering the throne room. You marched down the halls straight to the ginger's quarters.

Not even bothering with knocking, you pushed the doors opened, marching into the room, looking for the General. You were first met with Arian, who entered the room from the balcony, after hearing the noise created by the bedroom doors. "Where is he?" You growled, scanning the quarters and finally finding the General on the balcony as well. Leaving the other knight behind, who seemed dumbfounded by your sudden appearance and behaviour, rushed to keep up with you.

"How dare you?" Your voice made the General turn around, his eyes growing wide, when he noticed your present. "Why do you restrict my access in this palace? Why am I not allowed in the throne room? Or in fact anywhere near Ren?" It had been several days since you had been released from the infirmary and you were yet to see the commander. You had tried to enter his quarters to return your guard duties, but you were stopped by Fen, who told you to go back to your quarters and rest. You had written it off as the knights thinking you need a bit more time to recover, but when you tried to enter the throne room earlier, you realised it was not the knights caring, but following orders.

"It was not yet made known who the traitor was and therefore the stormtroopers and the knights must do everything in their power to protect the future emperor from anything and everything." Hux informed you, his arms crossed over his chest. "I'm not your enemy, Hux." You were getting annoyed and frustrated with the way people were treating you, after Rine had gone rogue. No matter how often you told them Rine had been the traitor, no one seemed to quite believe you.

Not waiting for a reply from the ginger, you turned around and left his quarters, cursing his and Rine's name under your breath. You did not feel like going back to your room and therefore took to wandering the halls of the palace aimlessly. Until you finally entered one of the courtyards. This one was different from the one you had fought Rine in. There were a lot more flowers and plants in general, it matched the rest of the planet a whole lot more than the rest of the palace.

You had settled on the grass, leaning you back against one of the palace walls. You felt betrayed by your fellow knights, it was shaking you to the core, that they seemed to question you. Most of all you felt betrayed by the master of the knights of Ren. Out of all the knights, you had spend the most time with him, you were aware that he had several times read your mind. You had not seen him, since he had visited you in the hospital ward. In fact, this had been the longest time the two of you had been apart and you didn't like it.

Your thoughts were interrupted by approaching footsteps. "Leave us." You opened your eyes just in time to see two stormtroopers leaving the approaching knight's side. Wordlessly, Kylo joined you on the floor, leaning his head back against the wall. "Hux complained about your ... entrance." "Of course he did." You grumbled, earning a chuckle from Ren. Silence settled between the two of you, until Ren broke it: "Rine was declared as the traitor." You hummed in response. "So you questioned me again." Ren seemed to be taken back by your remark. "I never questioned you. Hux and Phasma did." You nodded your head, you were relieved that he had not questioned you, but knowing that the other two had, did not make you feel any better. Had you ever given them reason to question you?

"They only doubted you, because Rine had never shown any signs of being a traitor, while you always seemed like you would not care about the First Order." You had not felt him inside his head, still you gave him a look, which just made him smile faintly, before he shrugged. "I do not care for the First Order." You finally admitted, while the knight next to you nodded his head knowingly. "My loyalty will always be to you, whether you fight for, with or against the First Order." "I know." The knight had turned his head to face you.

"Last time we were that close I ruined it." His voice had been quiet, barley over a whisper. "Do you regret it?" Your voice was just as quiet, as if, if either of you would raise their voice the moment would be ruined once again. Instead of answering Kylo nodded his head, his hand reaching up to cup your face, his thumb running over your cheekbone. "Yes" The one worded reply, also a bit delayed, made happiness shoot through your body, your own hand wrapping around his that was still on your cheek. Neither of you seemed to notice, how both of you leaned in more and more until his forehead rested against yours.

"I will make you even more of a target than you already are, if we do this." He spoke, his breath hitting your lips, while both his hands were holding your face in place. Not wanting him to retreat once more, you breathed: "I don't care. All I want is you." It seemed like he needed to hear these words, as he finally closed the gap between you, pressing his lips against yours.