Chapter 1 ~ We got caught by puppies

Nick POV

I sat on a tree branch watching over the lake. The warm breeze of the early morning greeting me as I swung my feet in the cool refreshing water that instantly made me feel more alive.

"So, what do you think about Dad and Echo?" I asked him. He just shrugged as he sat against a tree. His feet planted into the ground as his fingers pulled apart pieces of grass.

"My father told me that, he would try to figure out what it was that made your dad's veins black, and made Echo's wound smoke. But his main priority is helping rebuild our people's confidence and rebuild our planet. And since that we have never seen this before He has to read from past books before this universe as much as he possibly can."

"What about that, thing?" I ask as I pressed the bottom of my plams together and separated my hands from each other.

"We don't know how we were even able to do that. Again it was just a voice in my head telling me to. My Farher knows that it is very likely for, Your Dad, Echo, and I have been chosen for the Title of the Great Three." He explained I nodded and I looked off onto the lake, kids in canoe boats screaming with joy.

"Yeah..."

"Kid, I don't understand how this is effecting you, but we will get them back up on their feet. For our sake and the fate of this war."

"Yeah I know..It's just that I just wished we knew what is wrong." I admitted. I felt him nod in agreement.

"I do too kid." He finished off.

We both stayed quiet for a moment enjoying the breeze and warmth of the nice summer day. It's been two weeks since dad and Echo was both unconscious.

Oh and guess what?

Apparently, even before I even knew, The Seven knew about me. I mean about being the son of the great Percy Jackson thing. Also the entire Athena Cabin knew about it too.

So ever since I was about 10, when my mom told me about Dad, I was keeping a secret to the Seven, and my uncles and aunts even though it wasn't really worth it. Everyday I had to wear sweatshirts after sweatshirts.

That's just mind blowing.

Before we could enjoy the peaceful moment, we both heard a growl. We both got to our feet and I pulled out Riptide.

I uncapped the pen and looked at Delta as he gripped his fingers into a tight fist as he held it into a gesture I never saw before.

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"I forgot my weapons back in the cabin." Delta exclaimed. I rolled my eyes for a split second before shaking my head in disbelief

We then started to creep deeper into the woods the sounds of growling filling the air loudly.

"Did you hear that?" I asked him. He nodded and creeped deeper. Both Delta and I were already deep in the woods a few yards away from the spot.

Then we walked into a small clearing with broken trees littering the borders into different paths into a middle of nowhere.

But the thing that was in front of the broken heavy branches, trunks, and sometimes even trees, was a mixture between yellow and white powder.

"This seems fishy..."

Then we heard a twig snap, before I knew it, Delta tackled me inside the border of the odd powder and I quickly got to my feet to see that arrows started shooting from a dark empty trunk.

As we both stare at the booby trap. Then we heard a series of growling. Then black wolves appeared bearing there long sharp teeth.

"Werewolves." I mumbled. I looked around and thought hard.