Hidge

Pidge fixed her glasses as she worked on the latest project that Coran had given her and Hunk. The two were best friends, even in the Garrison but especially now that they were stuck in space with the rest of the team. They quickly bonded over their shared love of tech and gadgets and building new things. Whenever one couldn't solve a problem, the other could. The two were a well oiled machine and she wouldn't trade Hunk for anything.

Hunk was reading over their scratched out schematics on just how this was supposed to work, tweaking some things here and there. He looked over at the small person and couldn't stop his small smile, taking Pidge's distraction to his benefit. Hunk had always been fond of Pidge and just having that person to share a human and intelligent conversation with was so nice. Even before that day that changed everything, he enjoyed Pidge's company, at least he wasn't the only one dragged into Lance's shenanigans.

"Hey Hunk, pass me that ratchet over there huh?" Pidge asked, distracted and her eyes on the piece of machinery in her lap. Rover squeaked overhead of them here and there to add to the mostly quiet space.

"Hm?" The bulkier male snapped out of his thoughts and quickly handed her the ratchet. "Here." He said quietly.

Pidge looked up then and frowned, this wasn't the Hunk she always worked with. Her loud mouthed best friend, though he wasn't the loudest on the team he was always more boisterous around her. "Ok, put them down and tell me what's wrong?" She said stubbornly, setting their project down and taking the papers from his hands. "Spill." She raised an eyebrow as she studied his face.

Hunk just shrugged and fiddled with his fingers as he sat there, cross legged on the ground and next to Pidge. "I think I'm gay." He mumbled to her, biting his lower lip.

Pidge was shocked, not once did she peg Hunk as gay and honestly she was a bit disappointed, though she hadn't yet realized her feelings for the male. Her head tilted and she put a hand on his knee lightly. "Well, then I'm really happy you've been able to accept this."

"But I haven't really. I mean I've never felt any attraction to guys. I don't want to be with any guy except you." He blurted out, eyes down as he avoided Pidge's gaze.

Pidge stared, mouth agape. At first she was offended, then quickly realized that Shiro was still the only one that knew that she was in fact Katie Holt. She started laughing, quietly at first and then it was loud and joyful. "Hunk, you're not gay." She said between laughs. She leaned over and touched his cheek gently with her small hands. She kissed his forehead gently and smiled, lips resting there for a long moment. She pulled away and smiled at him. "Let's finish this up, then I can beat your ass in that game Coran made us." She sat back down, leaned against his side lightly and a small smile plastered on her lips.

Hunk was to in shock to realize anything, looking at Pidge like she was the biggest marvel of his life. He watched as she leaned into him and wrapped an arm around her slowly, nodding and kissing her head. "Sounds like a plan." He said quietly.