Chapter 37: Dinners and Cherries

Week 32 of my pregnancy:

"Your parents are going to kíll me," Harry laughed humourlessly while nervously, picking at the collar of his black shirt. Although his shirt was barely buttoned up, as I remember, since nearly a good chunk of his tattoos were showing.

"Nah, you'll be fine," I said, eating my cherries in the passenger seat.

"Telling Aaron didn't go well," Harry jutted in response as I pouted my lips. "I'm still upset at the fact he touched you." Harry trailed off, clenching the steering wheel tightly.

"He's an angst teenager. He'll get over it eventually," I shrugged. "And I'm not helpless. I can clock a bítch if I need to, thanks to your training."

"Yeah, but the baby."

"She can fight too. See? Kick, Talia," I coaxed with a hand on my bulging stomach. I felt a kick as I felt myself lose my breath for a second as I wheezed. "See? She's a trooper," I said in a strained voice, trying to catch my breath.

"That weird Santiago guy is gonna be there too?" Harry questioned with a grimace, shuddering lightly.

"Yeah, he's family." I shrugged.

"He's like that one creepy cousin that sits in the corner during family parties and mutters weird shít to himself, only to be caught snorting coke or something later on..." Harry trailed off as I stopped chewing my cherries to turn my head slowly.

"Um, honey, I don't know what type of family you're from, but that doesn't happen in my family," I said slowly.

"Oh... Just me? Why am I not surprised?" Harry replied with an subtle upturn of his lips.

"Eat," I stated, holding a cherry in front of Harry's mouth. He abided, popping it into his mouth and chewing, while continuing to drive.

"I like cherries but I'd rather pop your cherry," Harry said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, you're two years too late, my man," I said with a smile, to which Harry frowned.

The car came to a stop eventually in front of my parents home, making me nostalgic. I missed them quite a bit.

"Mars, I want to show you a thing," Harry broke the small silence.

"I've already seen your thing," I said, looking at him as he rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't talking about my peen, babes."

"Peen?!" I yelled, with a smile on my face. I started laughing. "What the fúck is a peen?!"

"Nickname for pénise, duh."

"I figured," I chuckled, patting his soft cheek.

"Look," Harry said, bringing out a small baby toy by leaning back and grabbing it from the back seat. It was a soft pink baby elephant, full of stuffing and fluff. It was soft to the touch and I felt my jaw drop open. "I bought this for Talia for when she comes."

"Aw," I breathed out. "It's the first toy we've bought for her."

"I know. I felt like it was special so I wanted to show you at a good moment." Harry smiled at me, sparkly green eyes on my face, his hair falling into his eyes. "I hope she'll like it."